Digital Marketing Manager
UWO Main Campus
VP Research - Research Western
PMA - Professional and Managerial Association
Classification & Regular Hours
Hours per Week: 35
Salary Grade: 14
With an international reputation for success, Western ranks as one of Canada's top research-intensive universities. Our research excellence expands knowledge and drives discovery with real-world application. Western also provides an exceptional employment experience, offering competitive salaries, a wide range of employment opportunities and one of Canada's most beautiful campuses.
Western Research under the leadership of the Vice-President (Research) is responsible for ensuring that Western has vibrant and growing interaction with various sources of research funding and that the faculties have increasing funding for their research programs. It is also responsible to ensure a healthy flow of technology resulting from Western research to the commercial world thereby creating jobs, increasing economic development and the general betterment of society.
WORLDiscoveries is the Business Development arm of Western University, Robarts Research Institute and the Lawson Health Research Institute. The business unit serves as the exclusive advocate and agent for promising commercial and technology transfer opportunities derived from the founding partner’s extensive research portfolio.
The Digital Marketing Manager will provide advice and recommendations to a team of commercialization professionals and implement a variety of marketing activities in order to enhance and support technology transfer and outreach activities. The role will be responsible for online marketing management and making recommendations regarding technical solutions for new systems and new channel options, ensuring compliance with copyright practices. The Digital Marketing Manager will design, create, and assess marketing efforts within WORLDiscoveries, with a goal of building and promoting their portfolio’s and Western's brand and reputation locally, nationally, and internationally. The role will also provide creative services and consultations for projects, department programs, start-up websites, newsletters, information packages and guides, annual reports, presentations, and other marketing materials to ensure appealing and impactful designs are developed that fit with their portfolio’s goals, and with the University’s marketing and branding strategies and guidelines.
- University Degree in Media, Information Technology, Marketing, Business or Related Program
- Courses completed in Graphic Design preferred
- 2 years’ experience in marketing with progressive media, information technology and web design experience
- Experience with marketing in a business development and/or academic environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of social media platforms, communication and engagement strategies for technology transfer initiatives
- Knowledge of ecommerce platforms and systems (e.g. Shopify, Moneris)
- Ability to establish effective routines for excellent communication with all members of the team to maximize productivity
- Media skills with solid marketing judgment to present and package information to maximize interest
- Ability to analyze metrics and consider past marketing efforts to develop creative and appealing materials
- Ability to apply creativity and recommend strategies for engagement initiatives in response to cultural and social trends
- Project management skills, with the ability to meet tight deadlines and perform well under pressure
- Ability to identify opportunities for continuous quality improvement and actively support change initiatives and approaches to evaluation and program development
- Ability to remain highly motivated, resilient, innovative, and collaborative when faced with challenges
- Computer skills with the ability to learn and use relevant software that achieves required outcomes and is in line with best practices
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress, Adobe Creative Cloud, and graphic design software
- Proven ability to build both formal and informal professional relationships within, across, and external to organizational boundaries
- Organizational skills to manage multiple assignments that are accurate and thorough, sometimes of a complex nature or involving competing priorities
Interested applicants are asked to visit https://recruit.uwo.ca for further information and to apply online referencing job #28669 by 11:59PM on Dec 2, 2022.
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or phone 519-661-2194.
Effective September 7, 2021, all employees and visitors to campus are required to comply with Western's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted