Located in the heart of the Niagara Region – just minutes from one of the world’s most well-known tourism destinations – Niagara College offers more than 130 innovative programs between our campuses in Welland and Niagara-on-the-Lake. Since opening its doors in 1967, Niagara College has grown to become a leader in education and training and one of the most enterprising colleges in Canada.
Applications are invited for the position of Director, International in the International Division, located at the Welland Campus.
Reporting to the Vice President, International, and working closely with the Director, Global Engagement, the successful candidate will assume an exciting role responsible for providing leadership and oversight to all aspects of the College’s diverse international student activities in support of the College’s strategic priorities relating to student success, internationalization, and revenue diversification. Modeling and nurturing the NC DNA qualities of Trailblazing, Welcoming, and Passionate the incumbent is responsible for effectively building and leading a team of faculty and staff dedicated to advancing the College’s international education goals, as well as ensuring the achievement of significant international enrolment, retention, services, and student mobility objectives. An important part of this portfolio as well is the School of English Language Studies (SELS). The Director oversees this portfolio and must also ensure the consistent delivery of high-quality and responsive student services in the ESL programs.
The largest aspect of the leadership of this division is the planning, development and delivery of a comprehensive international student services model, which includes admissions, student accounts, services and supports for over 5000 international students annually. The incumbent is a senior member of the College’s leadership team and is accountable to establish and execute the global strategy for Niagara College in collaboration with the International senior leadership team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading the admission and conversion strategies related to annual goals for international student admissions and enrolment, in collaboration with the Registrar
- Overseeing and implementing a relevant set of international student services that positively position Niagara College as a prestigious Canadian educational destination
- Provide institutional leadership on immigration matters related to international students
- Provide academic leadership to for the SELS in terms of strategic direction and programs
- Lead the development of partnerships related to Be World Ready / study work abroad activities for our students
- Responsible for all aspects of staffing for the division
- Responsible for the departmental budget as part of the International division’s budget
- Fosters and develops a strong team environment with high levels of employee engagement
- Masters Degree in Business, Public Administration, Education, Adult Education, International Relations or related field of study
- Minimum of 10 years work experience to include at least 7 years of relevant senior management experience
- Proven track record in developing and conducting student services for a college/university or similar educational organization
- Experience in planning, development and management of international education or training projects including budgetary responsibility
- Experience and expertise in teaching, developing curricula and/or academic administration
- Experience managing/leading cross cultural teams with proven results
- Familiarity with the strategies of international education and the economic and political impact of key market areas
- Strong human resources and financial management experience
- Ability to speak and write in a second language is an asset
As Niagara College values the leadership and talent development of its team, the opportunity for an internal secondment will be considered for interested internal applicants. Please identify in your covering letter, if wishing to be considered only for a seconded opportunity for this position.
A Job Fact Sheet is available for review from Human Resources during the posting period. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy.
Niagara College offers a competitive compensation, pension and benefits package. The salary range is set at payband 15 which is currently $116,263 to $155,018.
If selected for an interview, candidates must present proof of education (original transcripts/credentials).
Note: Credentials obtained outside of Canada require an evaluation to determine the Canadian educational equivalence. This evaluation must support the educational requirements for the position as a condition of employment. For further information, visit: World Education Services http://www.wes.org/ca/.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Niagara College is strongly committed to diversity and inclusion within its community. We offer an inclusive work environment and welcome applications from all qualified individuals who feel they can further enhance campus diversity and equity efforts.
If requested, accommodations will be made to support applicants with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply through the Niagara College careers website.