Located on the traditional lands of the Anishnaabeg people, Georgian College is home to 11,000 full-time students with campus locations across Central Ontario: in Barrie, Midland, Muskoka (Bracebridge), Orangeville, Orillia, Owen Sound, and South Georgian Bay (Collingwood). We also operate three employment service locations in Barrie, Orillia, and Orangeville.
Georgian is MORE than an education – it’s an experience. The college offers 130+ market-driven programs, from degrees and diplomas, to certificates, apprenticeships, corporate training and more. A recognized leader in co-operative education, we have one of the highest graduate employment rates among Ontario colleges. We’re the first – and only – college in Canada designated a changemaker college by Ashoka U for our role as a leader in social innovation and changemaking in higher education.
Georgian is seeking an engaging, data-driven, collaborative leader to be our Director, Marketing, Communications and Recruitment to lead the development, implementation, and evaluation of our comprehensive marketing, communications and student recruitment portfolios in support of Georgian’s enrolment plan and strategic priorities. These portfolios include college-wide responsibility for corporate (employee and executive) future and current student communications, media relations, reputation management, brand strategy, marketing collateral development, paid media, domestic student recruitment and events, web content and creative, visual, digital and social media.
Reporting to the Vice President External Relations and Enrolment, the Director, Marketing, Communications and Recruitment will guide the development and implementation of an annual multi-channel integrated plan to identify, capture and nurture prospective students through the application, acceptance and confirmation stages of the student journey by fully leveraging the talent and expertise of the Marketing, Communications and Recruitment team members and the CRM platform. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Developing college-wide policies, procedures and processes to ensure the seamless operation of the department in service to the college
- Leading while working closely with academic and service areas to develop and implement marketing, communications strategies and tactics to achieve strategic enrolment objectives and promotion of new programs and initiatives
- Providing leadership, direction and expertise to college staff in the areas of domestic student recruitment, marketing, communications, social and digital media, web content and navigation, media relations and reputation management
- Directing the strategic considerations and overall management of Georgian’s brand and visual identity and ensuring universal compliance across the college
- Directing media relations strategies and events; social and paid media strategies
- Directing the creation, distribution and archiving of visual media
- Accountable for developing and delivering recruitment events, such as Open House which support the Enrolment Plan
- Using data analytics and market research findings to develop strategic plans with measureable outcomes that achieve desired results
- Establishing relevant metrics to track and report department progress against plan
- Securing the support and resources to implement an improved web user experience and to fully leverage the potential of the Eloqua and Salesforce (CRM) software for recruitment and current student communication
- Developing and managing the department budget
- Participating on committees at the college, within the sector and externally, such as industry associations and community related.
- Successfully completed a four year postsecondary degree in a relevant field of study that may include but is not limited to marketing, advertising, communications or public relations
- A minimum of nine years' current experience working in a leadership capacity within marketing / advertising, public relations, corporate communications or a related environment
- Demonstrated expertise in marketing, sales or recruitment, corporate communications, social and digital media, brand management, and media relations
- A reputation for successfully leading a team of marketing and communication professionals, fostering a strongly engaged and collaborative team focused on accountability and performance
- Proven success developing, implementing and evaluating marketing and communication plans, strategies and initiatives
- Experience working within a complex, unionized environment
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills to manage and prioritize numerous projects, demonstrated strength in setting short and long term objectives and leading teams to exceed expectations
- Interpersonal and change management skills to develop and sustain team and peer relationships, networks and partnerships within the college and externally
- Ability to foster innovation, creative thinking and open communication
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Us and then to Career Opportunities.
Applications for this position must be received by 11:59 p.m. on November 20, 2020. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.