Cégep Heritage College is currently seeking to hire a full-time regular Director of Financial Services.
Knowledge and Skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in Administration, Accounting or Finance or in an appropriate discipline related field of study.
- An advanced undergraduate university degree in a related field of study would be considered an asset.
- Seven (7) years of relevant experience, including (3) years of relevant management experience, ideally in a unionized and/or educational milieu while fulfilling a senior management position.
- Fluency in French and good knowledge in English (written and spoken).
- Be a member ‘in good standing’ with a professional order such as CPA (CA, CGA or CMA).
- Possess excellent interpersonal, organizational skills.
- Apply a collaborative approach.
- Experience in team development, staff management, and coaching.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Be a strong team player, willing to offer ideas and guidance.
- Excellent leadership skills and able to demonstrate proactive and strategic vision.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and deliver multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Strong ability for communications, analysis, synthesis and problem solving.
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and be able to exercise discretion.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the CÉGEP system in Québec.
- Solid understanding of financial issues and challenges related to public institutions.
- Good knowledge of the laws and regulations surrounding financial activities in Quebec.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Up-to-date knowledge of information technologies related to financial systems, specifically in the use of Clara-Finance will be considered an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director General, the Director of Financial Services (DFS) is responsible for the management (planning, organization, direction, control and evaluation) of all programs, activities and resources within their department. In addition, with their strategic vision, the DFS will serve as a business partner on capital projects at the College. They will play a consultant role for the Director General while supporting the directors and managers in matters relating to finance, accounting, funding, and costing. Committed to providing superior customer service and motivated to gain efficiencies, they manage a team, currently made up of three (3) people.
The Director of Financial Services exercises their functions in the following areas:
- Manage the overall financial and accounting operations, including the operations of the Operations and Capital budgets and the production of financial statements, the annual financial and the external audit report.
- Budget planning and budgetary control (operation, investment and special funds).
- Accounting systems and operations: invoicing, customer account, inflows, bank deposits, trade account payables, payment of costs, etcetera.
- Interpretation and application of financial and fiscal considerations of laws and regulations.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume online on our College website in the career page at http://www.cegep-heritage.qc.ca/manitou/ no later than Sunday, December 4th, 2022.
Please note that only online applications will be considered.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all candidates for their interest in the position. Candidates may be required to submit to selection tests.
Cégep Heritage College is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, Indigenous peoples, members of visible and ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.