New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) is committed to transforming lives and communities. The College is currently seeking a dynamic and competent individual for the position of Director of Student Services. When you work at NBCC, you are a valued team member and a part of a community of leaders who are driven by learning excellence and social and economic development.
This is a Regular employment opportunity, that can be located at any NBCC location.
Knowledge and Skills
- A Master's degree in a relevant field with related years of experience. Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated extensive leadership and management experience in a broad range of student services functions.
- Strong project and finance management skills and a proven record of successful collaborations and partnerships.
- Experience in managing and reporting of grants, federal and/or provincial funding agencies.
- Proven ability in developing and negotiating working relationships with industry/community partners.
- Highly flexible with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to navigate and build relationships effectively throughout the organization.
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, analytical ability, and innovative thinking.
- Self-motivated, service and results oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and within a team.
- A desire for continuous learning and growth.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Candidates must possess a valid Driver's License as travel will be required.
- Preference may be given to candidates who have experience working in a post-secondary environment.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet these qualifications on their resumes.
Other combinations of education and experience may be considered as equivalent. Subject to competition response, the minimum qualifications may be raised.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Vice President, Academic, Innovation and Student Affairs, the Director of Student Services will provide strategic leadership and supervision for consistent, quality services to students on a College-wide basis through dedicated student development professionals.
The Director of Student Services is a vital member of both the Academic Division Leadership Team (ADLT) and the College Leadership Team (CLT). The Director has the overall responsibility for leading the strategic design, development, and implementation of a suite of programs /student-related services for the organization, including but not limited to Customer Service and Student Experience, Counselling Services, Learning and Library Services, Accessibility Services, and International & Equity Services. All services are in support of NBCC's student experience standards and charter and are aimed at encouraging high levels of student engagement and student retention.
Key responsibilities include:
- Actively contributing to the planning, development, and execution of the College's strategic plan as a member of the College's leadership team.
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring policies, procedures and agreements related to student services activities.
- Planning and managing the department's core budget.
- Providing guidance in grant proposal development.
- Promoting faculty awareness and development of student services capacity through workshops, conferences, and networking.
- Building relationships with student services networks, funding bodies and community/industry partners.
- Leading the student services planning process and providing project management oversight and guidance to managers.
- Monitoring progress of student services funding projects and ensuring reports are submitted to the College and funding agencies as required.
How to Apply
Work With Us
- A culture that is focused on nurturing a sense of belonging for all employees.
- A competitive salary range of $102,804.00 to $115,778.00 annually.
- Become a member of the New Brunswick Public Service Pension Plan.
- Opportunities for professional development and training.
- NBCC supports the wellbeing of its employees. We provide free access to an Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP).
- Paid sick and vacation leave.
- Volunteer leave.
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs (Employee: Tuition Reimbursement Program AND Family: Tuition Reduction Benefit - Spouse and Children).
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada at the time of application. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
The New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) is committed to being flexible in its operations and to the wellbeing of its employees. This includes considering reasonable requests for alternative work arrangements, when feasible, to meet the changing needs of the College and its students. In order to ensure our student needs are met, flexible work arrangements cannot extend beyond the New Brunswick border. NBCC employees must be living in a location that is a reasonable distance from one of our seven work locations around the Province.
We promote an equal opportunity work environment.
All interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed application, with a resume, online by June 7, 2023. All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt.