Document Production Specialist / Project Administrator
About the Opportunity
Our thriving Vancouver office is looking to add an enthusiastic full-time Project Administrator to our current team of administrative professionals. We are looking for a self-motivated individual to complement our existing administrative team and provide project support to our team of professionals. Working alongside Project Leaders, our network of communications specialists and other administrative professionals, you will coordinate the preparation of proposals, reports, and other professional documents. You will also assist with the day-to-day financial and technical administration of projects.
As an interdisciplinary consulting firm we deliver work for a variety of audiences on a diversity of subjects and issues – all in service of our higher calling of ‘spirit’ in service for vibrant communities. In the Vancouver office you will primarily work with our community planners, landscape architects and governance and finance specialists in the delivery of services to local governments and Indigenous communities. In this role, you will help to ensure that we are seen as an organization that takes its work seriously from inception to completion, with a professional and creative approach.
More specifically, as a Project Administrator, your role will include the following. The numbers represent approximate percentages of what the role entails:
- Proposal Production – Coordinate, format and collect content for proposals, reports, and other project-related documentation. Review and copy edit to ensure documents are accurate, consistent, and well-written. Ensure overall presentation of proposals are consistent with Urban branding and quality. Coordinate with our visual communications specialists. Track, update and maintain proposal support documentation. Working wih project teams to meet firm proposal deadlines.
- Correspondence and Document Production – Edit, format and produce reports, presentations, schedules and budgets primarily using MS-Word, MS Powerpoint and MS-Excel. Coordinate with our visual communications specialists. Ability to accommodate short turn around times.
- Proposal Production and Correspondence and Document Production will make up approximately 65% of the role.
- Project Administration – Proactively support the coordination of projects throughout all phases from initiation to completion. This may include monitoring project status, providing research support, drafting documents, and assisting Project Leaders with the completion of paperwork such as basic financial reports and project invoicing. This will make up approximately 15% of the role.
- Financial Administration - Track budgets and provide regular updates to Project Leaders. Coordinate sub consultant billings and assist with client billings including preparation of draft invoices and liaising with the accounting department. Utilize various reporting tools as well as create additional financial reporting tools as required by Project Leaders. This will make up approximately 10% of the role.
- Quality Management – Develop knowledge of the quality system and liaise with team members to ensure that protocols and standards are being met in terms of project administration/management, documentation, peer review, etc. This will make up approximately 5% of the role.
- Branch Administrative Support – Leading a number of administrative tasks associated with supporting the continued growth and evolution of our business. This will make up approximately 5% of the role.
The ideal candidate for this position is a proactive and energetic self-starter who is committed to providing outstanding service both to the internal team and to Urban Systems’ clients. Candidates with previous related experience will be given preference. Experience in a professional services firm in a similar capacity is considered an asset. In addition, we are looking for the following skills, strengths and abilities:
- Technically proficient and experienced with all Microsoft Office programs, with advanced knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel – this is a core skillset for the role;
Positive outlook and highly developed interpersonal skills – the ability to quickly develop a rapport with staff and clients (internal and external);
Strong service orientation – meets the needs of the team and internal clients by responding to requests efficiently and effectively;
Takes ownership and initiative;
Thrives in a fast-paced environment;
Aptitude for numbers;
Excellent proof-reading skills; and
Strong attention to detail.
How to Apply
Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, Urban Systems is an employee-owned inter-disciplinary consulting firm based in Western Canada. In business since 1975, we have four decades of experience working with a variety of clients including all levels of government, Indigenous communities, commercial and residential land developers, and the natural resource sector. Our team of 450 people, across multiple branch offices, is committed to helping build vibrant communities of all sizes.
Our Commitment to You
At Urban Systems, we make significant investments in our people, which is why we take great care to hire those who we believe will thrive in Urban Systems over the long term. We’ve become recognized as a workplace of choice by nurturing a unique corporate culture that sets us apart and provides:
- Challenging and interesting project opportunities;
A fun workplace, where hard work accomplishes great things;
The opportunity to work with industry leading professionals in a collaborative environment;
Ongoing career development and learning; and
Meaningful rewards and recognition.
How to Apply
If this posting describes your background, your skills and your natural talents, please check out our website for more information and submit your resume, cover letter and a completed Candidate Questionnaire (available for download on our site).
Deadline for applications: Friday, April 26th, 2019