EHSE Planning and Program Specialist (HAS 41102)
Environment, Health and Safety Services
Facilities Management and Community Safety
Employment Group: Support
Hours: 35 hours per week. Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Pay Details: $38.01 per hour
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Working at Fanshawe College
Fanshawe College is committed to the principles of hybrid work and may offer this option to employees whose work can be performed in an alternate location, without adverse impact to the operations of the College, inclusive of our Student and Staff experience. Confirmation of hybrid work options available to you will be clarified upon hire and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position. Successful candidates will be required to perform work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus, as required.
Note: This is a full-time Support position (35 hours per week).
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties: As part of the team, the incumbent provides technical subject matter advice and technology support for the development, implementation and maintenance of Environment, Health and Safety Management systems; develops and evaluates training courses and programs, and oversees the departmental SharePoint site and other technology platforms to manage provision of documented information to the College community and record retention activities. The incumbent participates in emergency response and associated exercises, conducts contracted employer audits, spot inspections and supports internal and external audit activities.
- Post-secondary 3-year diploma/degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related discipline
- Management and Professional Certifications required: Canadian Registered Safety Professional Designation (CRSP), Canadian Registered Safety Technician or Certified Safety Professional; preference will be given to candidates holding the Canadian certifications
- Equivalent related disciplines may be considered
- Minimum 3 years’ experience directly related to industrial or related fields of Occupational Health and Safety to compliment the wide range of technical programs offered by the College
- Demonstrated understanding of CHSMS principles of business integration and process improvements
- Computer/software efficiencies (i.e., learning management systems, SharePoint, etc.)
- Preference given to candidates who have strong information technology skills including digitizing forms, workflows and share point administration
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply
IMPORTANT: DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THE JOB BOARD ON THIS SITE. In order to be considered for this position you must apply through the Fanshawe College website online application system. See information on how to apply below.
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.