Reporting to the President, with coordinating responsibilities to Vice President Academic, the Executive Director will have oversight and responsibility for the overall success of the Owen Sound campus through effective and strategic leadership. This role is responsible for the cultivation, development and nurturing of positive relationships with community, political and industry/sector representatives and ensures excellent quality program and service delivery as well as oversight for campus administration, organizational planning and operations. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
Administration and Organizational Planning
- Providing a strategic level of thinking and implementation of business development initiatives to support the viability of the campus
- Overseeing effective business systems to ensure a sustainable infrastructure in collaboration with the senior management team
- Implementing the college vision, mission, guiding principles, values, governance and strategic plan
- Contributing to the college’s mandate for Changemaking, Entrepreneurship, Research and Innovation and Part-time Studies and Workforce Development
- Develops and implements campus business plan
Client, Stakeholder and Community Relations
- Enhancing the profile of Georgian College locally, regionally, provincially, nationally and globally through relationship building and advocacy
- Cultivating and maintaining strong and positive relationships with community stakeholders, regional, municipal, provincial and federal governments and community service providers
- Demonstrating continuous leadership in the community through positive and dynamic communications about the campus and college
- Ensuring excellent quality in all programs and services for communities and partners
- Representing the college at community and partnership events and meetings
- Facilitating agreements with external organizations to ensure most effective use of college resources and funds
Campus Operations and Services
- Providing oversight for all aspects of the campus operations and facilities, in collaboration with centralized departments
- Collaborating with college stakeholders to ensure that services are delivered consistently, effectively and in a coordinated manner
- Responsible for the strategy and prioritization of funding opportunities to acquire/ enhance equipment or technology for the campus
- Working closely with Campus Safety Services to ensure a rigorous safety and security program is in place and maintained
Human Resources and Financial Management
- Creating and sustaining an engaged work environment to enhance employee and student satisfaction and productivity
- Acting as the key oversight and financial decision maker for the campus
- Ensuring the annual operating plans align with the Strategic Plan.
- Providing leadership, guidance and mentorship to enhance the financial strength and viability of the campus
- Developing foundations for strong and positive relationships with potential and current donors, industry partners and government funding sources in an effort to realize stronger revenue for the campus into the future
- Working with Advancement and Alumni Relations in securing external funding and in the development and implementation of the partnership agreements.
- Providing leadership in contract negotiations / contract management
Marketing and Communication
- In collaboration with the marketing and communications department as well as campus stakeholders, contribute to the college-wide and campus specific comprehensive marketing, reputational, brand building and promotional campaigns.
- Ensuring that the Strategic Plan is communicated, as appropriate, with internal and external stakeholders
- Successfully completed a four year degree in business or related field
- A minimum of 11 years of progressive leadership experience with experience working in a post-secondary environment is preferred
- Exceptional communication (written and oral), negotiation and interpersonal skills with the ability to manage difficult situations with diplomacy and tact
- Demonstrated experience in cultivating and nurturing successful relationships with community, business/industry and political stakeholders
- Sound business acumen, commitment to quality and demonstrated ability to think and plan strategically
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially in a unionized environment
- Solid leadership skills with the ability to lead effectively through organizational change management
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting competition # 79-19.
Applications for this position must be received by 5:00 p.m. on April 22, 2019. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.