Okanagan College transforms lives and communities. We are one of Canada's leading colleges. We create outstanding educational experiences for our learners, both students and employees. We work and learn in a welcoming and caring culture. We are a catalyst for change through collaboration with our learners and partners. We serve, lead and anticipate the social, economic and environmental needs of communities.
Learning and Applied Research
Learning and Applied Research Admin
Education and Experience:
Functions and Duties:
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook), and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Exceptional research and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate both in writing and verbally.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills to facilitate and coordinate teamwork among faculty, instructors, staff and administrators.
- Considerable knowledge of project management methodologies, techniques and tools.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to exercise tact, diplomacy and sensitivity.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to plan, organize and implement work schedules to effectively meet deadlines and system requirements for grant applications.
- Solid understanding of research, research funding and community needs regionally and throughout Canada.
- Ability to follow direction and ask for assistance when needed, plan, organize and prioritize conflicting and competing deadlines.
- Ability to effectively maintain a highly varied workload and maintain attention to detail with frequent interruptions.
- Knowledge of Tri Council agencies procedures, research methods, research ethics and funding options and opportunities.
Support - Regular Full-time
Appointment Start Date:
Annual Salary/Hourly Rate:
$48,804 - $55,787
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is an onsite position.
Shortlisted internal candidates must notify the current Support Staff Bargaining Chairperson and Human Resources if they want a Union Observer during interviews and final selection of candidates.
Posting Opening Date:
Posting Closing Date:
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please go to our employment site: https://www.employmentopportunities.okanagan.bc.ca and complete an on-line application.
All applications must be submitted through our employment site to be considered.
Okanagan College is committed to increasing the equitable and inclusive participation of marginalized people in all aspects of college life. We welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, Black People, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, people with disabilities and people with diverse gender identities or expressions. People with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, AccessibilityHR@okanagan.bc.ca