Medicine Hat College is seeking a dedicated, enthusiastic faculty member to provide a supportive and collaborative environment for students within the Department of Business. This is a full-time position and, subject to successful completion of a two-year probationary period, will be a continuous appointment in the Division of Arts, Education, and Business.
Knowledge and Skills
- 3 years post-secondary teaching experience
- Relevant industry experience is an asset
- Equivalent combinations of industry and post-secondary teaching experience may be considered
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a high functioning, student focused team
- Strong passion and commitment to learners and learning
Duties and Responsibilities
The primary workload will include teaching accounting courses in the business administration and/or BBA program. Faculty teaching in the BBA program engage in research and scholarly activities. The successful candidate will be required to engage in all of the professional responsibilities of full time faculty and contribute to an environment that fosters the mission of the College and the success of our students.
- A master’s degree in accounting, business or closely related field is required
- A professional accounting designation or PhD degree in Accounting is required
- A demonstrable record and/or commitment to scholarship and research
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter quoting Competition # 119119 with your CV and the names of three references, saved as a single document. Review of applications will begin July 15, 2019, however the search will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.