Portage College is looking for a highly-motivated and engaging instructor to teach courses in Computer Science. This position can be based out of any one of our three main campuses, however, the successful applicant may need to commute between locations as needed.
Our preference is to hire into a full-time term position until June 2025. However, the College will consider applicants interested in casual opportunities (course-by-course). The successful applicant can be based out of the Lac La Biche, Cold Lake or St. Paul campus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare lessons and materials, and deliver instruction in the University Transfer program area.
- Develop courses and curriculum in assigned courses and update as appropriate.
- Evaluate learner progress and ensure learner documentation and records are complete.
- Participate as a member of the College team in planning activities, program advisory committees, program review and renewal, and in other College committees and meetings.
- Provide learners with tutoring and educational advising.
- Organize and layout lab and classroom areas to provide a safe, well organized teaching environment. Maintain and order equipment and supplies as necessary.
- Ensure that the Computer Lab space in our campuses have a yearly inventory and that materials and equipment are replenished or replaced when necessary.
- Develop and implement a personal learning plan.
- PhD or master’s in Computer Science or related area.
- Previous experience instructing adult learners at a post-secondary institution would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge or experience with Moodle or other Learning Management System would be an asset.
- Strong computer skills, especially with MS Office, is essential.
- Dynamic and flexible teaching style to work with a variety of learners.
- A Class 5 driver’s license and the ability to travel to all Portage College campuses to instruct.
- Successful applicant will be required to provide a current police information check.
How to Apply
Portage College is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society.
If you have the right qualifications, experience and motivation to do extraordinary things at Portage College, we would love to hear from you. Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, call us at 780-623-5747.
Please note we do not accept third-party resume and cover letter submissions.
The College appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.