Camosun College is a comprehensive community college located on the traditional territories of the Coast and Straits Salish peoples serving the people of the Greater Victoria Region of British Columbia. Guided by an inspiring strategic plan and administered by a professional community of talented faculty, staff and senior executives, Camosun enrolls 19,000 learners each year, including over 1,200 Indigenous students and 1,900 International students. The College has an operating budget of over $126 million. Across two campuses, Camosun offers more than 160 certificate, diploma, and bachelor’s degree programs in arts, sciences, business, health and human services, trades, technologies, sport education, Indigenous studies and adult upgrading. The College is committed to values of relationship with community, inclusiveness, and respect. As a community, we commit to the process of Indigenization at the college – including both programs and services – and to use this learning to improve the learning experiences for the exceptionally diverse range of student needs and backgrounds present within the Camosun community supporting the commitment to lifelong learning and positive student experiences.
Camosun International, with a staff complement of twenty five, comprised of Exempt, CCFA and CUPE staff, and gross revenue of over $18 million, provides college-wide leadership in the development and coordination of international education initiatives at Camosun College. An entrepreneurial unit, CI operates within a policy that identifies the college’s commitment to global education. The activities of the department include the marketing and promotion of the college for the purpose of recruiting international fee-paying students and fee-for-service contracts, the establishment of international linkages and partnerships for academic exchanges and joint projects, involvement in funded international development projects, events that support and strengthen the internationalization of the college and providing support services to international students currently studying at Camosun College.
Reporting to the Manager, International Strategic Enrolment (ISE), the International Recruitment Specialist will work as a member of the CI (ISE) unit with particular responsibility for the recruitment of, and follow-up related to, international student prospects originating from on-shore and on-campus activities.
Key objectives of this position will be to enhance the exposure of the Camosun College brand while introducing strategies and tactics to market to and attract engaged learners, while improving conversion rates of prospective students to the stage of enrollment. The International Recruitment Specialist will be responsible for representing Camosun College at recruitment events, educational fairs, seminars, and meetings, in targeted recruitment markets.
The International Recruitment Specialist will be responsible for coordinating and supervising key on-campus student activities including visiting delegations, educational programs, and school groups.
Note: this position entails periods of extensive independent travel to key recruitment markets as determined in the CI recruitment strategy.
To view full job description and to apply, visit: https://webservices.camosun.bc.ca/employment/
A competitive salary, opportunities for professional development and an excellent benefit package are offered.
Knowledge and Skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communicator in English, in writing and verbally. Well-developed presentation skills for groups of up to 200 people.
- Extensive knowledge of the Canadian post-secondary education system and how it relates to the systems of other countries.
- Extensive knowledge of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada regulations and procedures related to Canadian study permits.
- Excellent problem-solving and diplomacy skills. The ability to negotiate different cultures, environments, and situations quickly and with confidence.
- Ability to travel independently in challenging settings for extended periods of time.
- Demonstrated ability to build credible rapport with government and educational partners and consultants.
- Demonstrated ability to research, evaluate and make recommendations on new marketing opportunities and tools.
- Ability to network effectively and confidently with government and business leaders in a variety of settings and to represent the college in a positive manner.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team with colleagues in a complex, busy department constantly undergoing growth and change.
Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- With the Manager, develops new and effective strategies to market to and recruit international students to meet the established CI budget targets.
- Conducts on-going evaluation and assessment of current international markets and emerging international markets. Makes recommendations to the Manager on recruitment opportunities and events.
- As assigned by the Manager, focuses on a specific recruitment audience or market with targeted events, relationship-building activities, and direct marketing campaigns. Guide the unit’s strategy for assigned markets and become the first point of contact on behalf of the team for targeted marketing audiences.
- With the Manager supports the development of the annual plan for CI recruitment initiatives including identifying relevant international education recruitment fairs, high school visits, education consultant seminars and events, group recruitment tours, high school counsellor seminars and direct or online marketing campaigns based on the objectives of the marketing plan and the CI business plan.
- With the Manager develops and implements the international recruitment strategies including the development of promotional materials; advertising campaigns; website and online marketing.
- Represents Camosun College in international student recruitment activities. Advises students on Camosun programs, processes, and services accurately and responsibly.
- Receives international student applications and other sensitive documentation and handles them in accordance with Canadian privacy laws until they can be processed by appropriate staff at Camosun College.
- Oversees the tracking and required follow-up of international prospective student leads generated through recruitment activities through in-person or electronic communication and the use and management of the CRM system
- Participates in relevant internal and external committees related to the international education recruitment sector.
- Assists in building and maintaining strong relationships with international education consultants and international school contacts and provide them with orientations and training with respect to Camosun College programs and policies.
- Coordinates on-campus and community information sessions, and other on-campus recruitment activities
- Planning, communicating, and hosting visiting delegations from international partners.
- With the CI Management Team, develops and manages budget for international recruitment activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field. Course work or professional development in cross-cultural communication and public relations.
- Demonstrated success in student recruitment activities and online marketing activities in a variety of markets.
- Eligibility and willingness to undertake extensive domestic and international travel.
- A second language is an asset (particularly Japanese, Korean, Tagalog, or Vietnamese).
- BC Driver’s License
- A valid passport
How to Apply
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply; to be considered for employment, applicants must meet the qualifications of the position and be eligible to work in Canada.
Note: Eligibility to work in Canada is granted through citizenship, permanent resident status or a work permit. You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident to accept a permanent job offer (unless stated otherwise in the posting). If you have a valid work permit, you may be eligible for temporary work but only until your work permit expires or is renewed.
Apply online at www.camosun.ca/careers. We would like to thank everyone in advance for applying, as only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Camosun College is an Equal Opportunity Employer