International Student Advisor
Permanent Full-Time Support Staff
$30.87/hour - 37.50 hours/week
College Drive Campus – North Bay, ON
DEADLINE: Friday, November 18, 2022 – 12:00 p.m.
Knowledge and Skills
- Three years of experience in providing services to students, preferably international students with additional experience and/or training in public relations and presentations
- Demonstrated experience working with and providing services to students from various cultural backgrounds; experience with international student recruitment is an asset
- Fluency (oral and written) in English; additional languages are considered a strong asset
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and manage platforms for communication with international students
- Participate in international student recruitment events
- Develop and host events that celebrate the full spectrum of international student diversity at the college
- Draft communication materials (brochures, newsletters, etc.) to seek new value-added student service partnerships
- Facilitate career-related opportunities and supports for all college international student learners
- Advise international students of applicable immigration policies and regulations including study permits, work permits, work placements, etc.
- Deploy support and advising to international students on all matters relative to health insurance provision, including liaising, troubleshooting, and advocating with the College’s chosen health insurance service provider
- Develop and support student engagement and retention initiatives for international students
- Actively seek and deploy activities to enhance “Internationalization@Home” for Canadore domestic students in a manner that raises intercultural awareness among students, staff, and faculty
- Maintain all international student service-oriented materials up to date and accurate throughout the year (Canadore International Student Guide, International Microsite, Canadore International Student App (iCent), etc.)
- Participate in the development and delivery of orientation programs for new international students
- Develop, coordinate, and deliver specialized services for international students (cultural, religious, and social events and services)
- Participate in pursuing, developing, and implanting additional activities in support of Canadore’s Internationalization Strategy
- Two year Diploma in a related field of study, international focus preferred
- Registered International Student Immigration Advisor (RISIA) designation
How to Apply
A cover letter together with a current resume, quoting the above competition number, will be accepted by the Organizational Development and Talent Management Department by E-Mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, until 4:00 p.m., on the closing date.
Canadore College is committed to inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information on Canadore College, please visit our website at http://www.canadorecollege.ca