Manager, Accounts Payable and Receivable (FNN 40435)
Finance and Administration
Employment Group: Admin
Type of Position: Full-time Temporary
Salary Range: $76,753 to $95,941
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Working at Fanshawe College
As an employee of Fanshawe College you may be required to work on-campus, remotely, or a combination thereof. Confirmation of your work location will be clarified with you upon hire, and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position.
Note: This is a full-time temporary Administrative position (37.5 hours per week) until August 31, 2022.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties: The Manager, Accounts Payable and Receivable, provides leadership and comprehensive financial process expertise to the management of the financial transaction operations of the College. The Manager, Accounts Payable and Receivable, is responsible for overseeing financial payment, billing and collection processes, and managing the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable team. The incumbent also reviews and oversees the disbursement process of business travel, employee expense statements and P-card transactions to ensure accurate and timely processing of all divisional payables, and provides financial transaction advice to employees, business initiatives and projects. Also responsible for assessing current financial policies and procedures, and updating, as well as providing recommendations for the development and implementation of new policies and procedures. The incumbent is responsible for service excellence, analyzing spending trends and implementing continuous process improvements for the Finance Department.
- Post-secondary 3-year diploma/degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated practical experience with financial processing, reports and analysis
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent Finance professional designation required
- Progressive experience working in a computerized accounting system
- Excellent understanding of business processes financial and procedures
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, communication, consultation and decision skills and strong teamwork skills are required along with advanced MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Visio skills
- Ability to work with multiple priorities and strict time constraints
- Prior experience in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and strict time constraints
- Prior staff management/leadership experience is preferred
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
IMPORTANT: Do not apply through the Job Board on this site. In order to be considered for this position you must apply through the Fanshawe website online application system. See information below.
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.