Reporting to the Director, Project Delivery, the Manager provides leadership in relation to project management and communications for externally funded projects under the Career-Launcher Internship program, or as assigned by the Director of Project Delivery. The Manager supports the Director in overseeing operations of the project team. He/she will ensure that CICan projects are completed on time, within budget and in accordance with the terms of individual funding agreements.
He/she will lead the development and implementation of communication plans tailored to support the deliverables for each program. The Manager plays a critical role in sustaining effective partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders including federal funders, educational institutions, and private sector.
As a member of CICan’s management team, he/she is expected to contribute to corporate planning, priority-setting, and policy discussions as well as to the achievement of the Association’s strategic goals and objectives.
The Manager is accountable for fulfilling his/her performance objectives based on an agreed-upon annual work plan.
The Manager will require strong leadership skills, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities. He/she must be results oriented and have sound knowledge of project development and management principles and practices. The Manager must have strong knowledge of data management including the privacy and security requirements of working with sensitive information and best practices related to the implementation of projects.
The Manager requires sound interpersonal, communication and diplomacy skills as well as a high level of intercultural competence. Strong team building and conflict resolution skills are required, as are strengths in work planning, budgeting and financial management, monitoring and evaluation, and report writing. They are required to perform various complex functions in a responsible and professional manner, often in a complex and changing context.
The Manager reports to the Director, Project Delivery in all planning, implementation, decision-making, and performance management aspects. They represent CICan and must be cognizant of and ensure alignment with CICan’s strategic vision and initiatives.
The Manager must be familiar with the overall objectives and mandates of the Government of Canada’s Youth Employment and Skills Strategy and work closely with programs’ funding departments.
Domestic travel may be required.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience supervising a team and managing human resources responsibilities
- Extensive experience in managing complex projects and achieving results on time and on budget in complex and fluid intercultural contexts.
- Extensive experience in project management, work planning, financial management, budgeting based on work breakdown structure, public presentations,monitoring and evaluation, and progress reporting. Ideally in an international context.
- Solid experience in partnership-building, on a multi-sectoral basis.
- Experience working with federal government departments
- Broad knowledge of Canadian college/institute systems
- Demonstrated leadership capability and effective staff management experience, including strong team building and conflict-resolution abilities.
- Demonstrated leadership in managing multi-stakeholder partnerships and collaborating in complex service delivery environments.
- Excellent communications skills and demonstrated ability to interact with senior officials of CICan member institutions and agencies including governments, private sector, etc.
- Goodwriting abilities and experience in preparing concept papers, proposals, narrative and financial reports, etc.
- Demonstrated research and analytical abilities.
- Fluency in written and oral French and English.
- Demonstrated ability using Microsoft Office Suite.
Agility: We thrive in a complex environment that requires nimbleness and adaptability, and we anticipate and respond to changes with quick and resourceful actions.
Inspiring Others: We motivate individuals to strive for excellence and commit to common goals and purposes, as we create a sense of self-efficacy, resilience, and persistence in others.
Integrity: We treat others fairly and respectfully, and we further the standing of the organization and its relationships of trust with our members and other stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures project management processes, tools and techniques are developed and used effectively throughout the project lifecycle including initiating and planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, risk management, and close-out.
- Provides project management expertise and direction to the project team through the full lifecycle,
- Provides regular financial reports/forecasts and project dashboard reports across the active and completed projects to the Director.
- Ensures the ongoing monitoring and evaluation of the programs
- Cultivates and sustains strong working relationships with project funders, partner organizations, college and institute members, and prospective program partners.
- Leads the development and implementation of project communication strategies, tools and processes in collaboration with CICan’s communications team,
- Leads the development of project proposal for the renewal of ongoing programs
- Ensures adherence to CICan’s Quality Management System (ISO), policies, procedures, and corporate planning objectives.
- Contributes to the development, review and implementation of corporate plans, policies and procedures supportive of CICan’s goals and objectives.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Graduation from a post-secondary institution or its equivalent, ideally with at least five (5) years of relevant experience.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and résumé to Pat Serediuk, Human Resources Manager before 4pm on July 3rd, 2020viaemail to: PSerediuk@collegesinstitutes.ca
CICan is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. Do not hesitate to contact me if you require alternative arrangements to submit your application.
CICan provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advise me if you require any accommodation.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the selection process will be contacted.