37.5 hours/week Posting Date: November 9, 2021 Closing Date: November 30, 2021 Vacancy Type: Administrative Replacement Full-time Position
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves around the world and in our local community, Conestoga College continues to adjust plans based on the guidance provided by our local Public Health authority. Considering these unprecedented circumstances, final hiring decisions remain contingent upon confirmed enrolment numbers and the evolving work environment. Conestoga College will take appropriate measures to protect the safety and well-being of our College community and prospective candidates throughout the recruitment and selection process, including the scheduling of remote interviews.
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training, and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry, and workforce needs, and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
As a preferred employer, Conestoga is committed to supporting the development and well-being of our employees through competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and ongoing professional and personal learning opportunities that result in enhanced skills, shared successes, and an engaged college community.
Conestoga is proud to have had over 38,000 continuing education enrollments annually. Come join our team at Conestoga!
Under the direction of the Dean, the Manager provides academic and administrative leadership, supervision, and direction to the faculty, students, and staff for continuing education programs and courses.
Although many of our employees are currently working remotely, this position is governed by the applicable legislation of the Province of Ontario. Successful candidates will be required to conduct work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus as required. It is anticipated that this position will support the department needs through a hybrid work arrangement with four days on site and one day remote.
Knowledge and Skills
- Five years of relevant work experience, management experience preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of the labour market would be considered an asset
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research labour market trends and collect feedback from local employers to identify continuing education training opportunities such as courses, workshops, micro-credentials and programs. The incumbent is responsible for growth of continuing education in the School.
- Work with curriculum developers who are experts in the field to develop and update course content.
- Responsible for all operations related to delivery of continuing education in the School.
- Facilitate the ongoing review of courses to ensure continuous quality improvement, and reflect changing technology, economic and market influences, funding such as OSAP and employment opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with Chairs, Managers, and support staff to maximize Continuing Education within the school
- Manage budgets related to continuing education in the School.
- Work with college staff on projects to include but not limited to CE website, micro-credentials, badges, proposal development including research, RFP responses, faculty, support staff, and departments such as the Registrar’s Office, IT, Marketing, Purchasing, and Facilities; develop and maintain partnerships
- Four-year Degree
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online with their cover letter and resume saved together in one file at https://employment.conestogac.on.ca/ViewCompetition.aspx?id=4230