March 9, 2023
$92,516.55 - $120,000
Apply online at:
Hours per Week
Reporting to the Director of the International Centre (IC), the incumbent provides support and carries out strategic directions established by the Director. The Manager, International Recruitment will participate in creating goals and objectives for the department and will oversee the development and implementation SAIT’s yearly international recruitment plan. The Manager, International Recruitment provides leadership within the International Centre aligned with the SAIT Education Plan and the IC’s Big, Bold International Growth Strategy. The Manager, International Recruitment is primarily responsible for the development, execution and management of the comprehensive international student recruitment plan, as well as support and provide oversight for the recruitment team, pathway partners and authorized agents. As a key team member within the recruitment unit, the Manager, International Recruitment will lead the planning for and execution of a comprehensive marketing and recruitment effort targeted at building SAIT’s brand recognition in key regions across the world.
The key indicator of success for this role will be measured by meeting the international enrolment targets developed in collaboration with the institutional Strategic Enrolment Management group and the respective schools. The Manager, International Recruitment will utilize an extensive network of on and off campus resources including in-region recruitment advisors, agents, alumni, government organizations, pathway partners, colleges, institutional partners and associates to meet objectives. The Manager, International Recruitment will work closely with the Director of the International Centre to develop strategy and drive recruitment of international students to SAIT.
The individual in this position must be capable of working independently and be a self-starter but with a collegial and collaborative attitude.
Specific responsibilities include:
-Lead the planning and implementation of the international recruitment plan;
-In alignment with SEM targets, set targets regionally and between in-region recruitment advisors and agents;
-Mentor, train and support staff in achieving team and personal performance objectives aligned with departmental and divisional priorities supporting the Strategic Plans as well as the SAIT Educational Plan;
-Analyze the results of the departmental key performance indicators, recommend strategies for improvement and manage individual and team performances to meet desired objectives;
-Manage the recruitment portfolio including staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leadership and Management
- Lead, coach, and motivate the team to achieve personal and departmental goals.
- Provide guidance and assessments of workflow/processes within the department and identify opportunities to improve efficiencies;
- Identify requirements for changes in staffing needs, adjust existing staff allocations and secures additional resources as appropriate;
- Ensure efficient use of resources and attainment of department targets;
- Manage and approve scheduling for vacations for all staff ensuring that there is adequate coverage;
- In collaboration with the Director establish recruitment and engagement priorities and targets to support departmental and institutional priorities;
- In collaboration with Associate Registrar, International regularly monitor application and conversion activities to ensure targets are on track/will be met – where appropriate, develop contingency and mitigation plans
- Analyze results of departmental key performance indicators and identify opportunities for improvement;
- Monitor activity and performance measures for individual staff by providing feedback and mentoring;
- Ensure best practices are applied in student recruitment and retention, including adherence to SAIT policies and procedures;
- Work collaboratively with all members of the International Centre to position SAIT as a global leader in applied education.
- Financial Management
- Responsible for managing a budget
- Monthly review of recruitment and student engagement expenses to ensure fiscal constraint;
- Responsible for the review and approval of P-card claims within the recruitment portfolio.
- Recruitment Responsibilities
- Travel both in country and internationally to participate in recruitment related activities;
- In collaboration with the Director and the Recruitment team develop and implement the international recruitment strategy;
- Research and recommend new opportunities for recruitment based on application data, market trends and economics;
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications on marketing collateral that best represents SAIT on the global stage;
- Research strategies and evaluate effectiveness of recruitment and marketing activities (create focus groups, surveys and consult external sources such agents);
- Develop and produce an Annual Recruitment Report for internal stakeholders;
- Act as conduit to funnel leads for partnership opportunities, student exchanges and corporate training to the appropriate departments on campus.
- Relationship Management - Internal and External
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal stake holders in order to strategically manage enrollment targets;
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with external stakeholders including Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), Canadian embassies and Trade Offices, the Alberta government and Advanced Education;
- In collaboration with the International Pathway Coordinator establish relationships which lead to pathway agreements with Canadian curriculum high schools and private English language schools to increase enrollments;
- Work collaboratively with current agents to maintain a mutually beneficial relationship in order to effectively market SAIT;
- Approve new agent contracts and renewals in collaboration with the recruitment team and the Director;
- Oversee the Semester Agent Update and Annual Agent Report; Where and when appropriate manage agent performance or terminate agent contracts
- Initiate opportunities to create partnership agreements with institutions abroad.
- General Responsibilities
- Promote a positive work environment
- Follow SAIT’s Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
- Post-secondary degree, preferably in International Relations, International Marketing and Communications or related field. Masters would be an asset.
Training or Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of directly related experience in International Education, preferably in a post-secondary setting.
- Knowledge of the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) international student program
- A valid Passport is essential for this role.
Any other special requirements to do the job
- This position may be required to occasionally undertake international travel