The Manager of Student Engagement & Recruitment is directly accountable to the Director of Student Services (DSS) for managing staff, budget and daily operations. The position will ensure the delivery of health & wellness, student transition and prospect services in timely, consistent and high service levels to potential students, and will ensure holistic student support services are developed and provided for all students. In addition, the Manager of Student Engagement and Recruitment will assist with or initiate departmental service reviews and manage projects dealing with all aspects of the responsibility including, but not limited to, staff development, policy development, health & wellness, student life and recruitment services.
Knowledge and Skills
Maintains knowledge of current developments in post-secondary education and acts as a resource on recruitment and student engagement practice and trends for Student Affairs.
• Prepares, submits and administers the annual Student Engagement & Recruitment budget.
• Extensive knowledge and proven demonstrated best practices experience in the activities of student engagement and student recruitment.
• Demonstrated ability to develop, execute and complete projects through a project management approach. Leads projects from planning to implementation. This may include, but is not limited to, budgeting, resource allocation, documentation, training and managing consultants.
• Oversees the staffing requirements of the Student Engagement & Recruitment department. Leads, plans, organizes and directs staff.
• Plays a leading or coordinating role in the acquisition, development and implementation of new software and expanded web-based services. Must be knowledgeable of and remain current with developments in student information technology.
• Is a member of College committees such as: Strategic Enrolment Management; and Student Affairs Leadership Team.
• Conducts and participates in policy and process reviews and analyses, and provides recommendations and proposals to the Director of Student Services.
• Develops long-term department service plans to provide continuous improvements to Student Affairs.
• Develops annual budget plans in consultation with the Director of Student Services.
• Understands and administers provisions of the Collective Agreements, participates in making recommendations for changes to Collective Agreements and participates in bargaining as needed.
• Proven skills in conflict resolution and negotiations.
• Hold current BC class 5 driver’s license.
• Performs other responsibilities and duties related to the functions and services of the Student Engagement & Recruitment Services as assigned by the Director of Student Services.
• Minimum four-year Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Preference for education in social services, psychology, business management, equivalencies will be considered.
• Five to seven years experience in a Student Services or related post-secondary environment.
• Three to five years of relevant management experience in office practice including experience in direct supervision of staff.
• Experience with advanced technological student recruitment platforms, preference with Customer Relationship Management systems.
• A high degree of proficiency in computer skills and relevant post-secondary software utilization.
• Experience using and working with a post-secondary Student Information System (Colleague preferred).
How to Apply
If you want to make a difference in peoples lives, this opportunity is for you! Visit our website to apply or for more detailed information on this exciting opportunity.