This position reports directly to the Director of Student Services with responsibility to manage financial, human resources and services within the portfolio of Student Success & Retention. The position is responsible for the delivery of high quality, relevant, appropriate services within Academic Advising, Accessibility, Financial Aid, Testing and Tutoring Services. The manager will be a team member of the Student Affairs division and will lead a collaborative and coordinated delivery of services for all students at CNC. The manager is responsible to lead an integrated collaborative approach in the leadership and management of the functional areas within the portfolio. The manager will play a key leadership role in the strategic development for/with CNC’s Strategic Enrolment Management Student Success & Retention Team.
For full details please see our job/career website at: https://cnc.peopleadmin.ca/hr/postings/4890
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline such as education, social work, student services, business. A Master’s Degree is considered an asset.
- Five to seven years of post-secondary experience. Preferably in the student success and retention portfolios.
- Three to five years of management and leadership experience preferably in a post-secondary environment.
- Experience with student information systems.
- Strong interpersonal, team building, organizational, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Teambuilding skills for within and outside the portfolio, and serve as a student affairs leader and champion for team members.
- Strong understanding of relevant research and best practices in the areas of student success and retention.
- Experience with conflict resolution strategies and solutions.
- Conduct systems reviews and implement solutions to improve services to students.
- Demonstrated project leadership and management skills from idea, to development, implementation to completion.
- Ability to work under pressure for critical dates and timelines. Ability to manage multiple projects at any one time.
- Ability to make sound and discretionary decisions within an environment of evolving and at times competing priorities and projects.
How to Apply
Please visit our job/career web site at: https://cnc.peopleadmin.ca/hr/postings/4890