Reporting to the Vice-President, International Partnerships, the Manager, Partnerships and Knowledge Development has responsibility for supporting the VP, in the management of CICan Business Development, partnership development and supporting the knowledge transfer within the association and among members and international education stakeholders. More specifically, the Manager has responsibility for new and existing business development, investigating and vetting specific CICan opportunities in the Middle East and Asia, and coordinating social impact financing opportunities for the association. Working closely with International Directors, the manager will be responsible for coordinating and more effectively deploying shared resources of the organization in the areas of gender and coordinating the monitoring and evaluation requirements related to program development. The Manager will also act as Coordinator working with the Head of the UNEVOC center and support CICan’s participation in other international bodies such as the World Federation of Colleges and Polytechnics.
Generally, the Manager assists in ensuring effective and efficient administration of the functional areas listed above and performs a variety of tasks including working with the VP and Directors to establish future business development directions including; processing and vetting opportunities to determine how they fit in the division’s strategic direction, determining the division’s capacity to deliver, and identifying additional resource requirements (financial, and human), in order to make a go/no go recommendation to the VP.
The Manager will develop programming to support member growth by designing and coordinating professional development and knowledge transfer opportunities using webinars, in-person and annual CICan gatherings, as well as the provision of leadership and support to those under his/her responsibility, staff and CICan member institutions.
Knowledge and Skills
- Good knowledge of the Canadian college/institute system including the capability, strategic goals of colleges/institutes.
- Extensive experience in program planning, management, budget development and control. International program/project management experience using logic model approaches.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and project development domestically and internationally in college/institutes priority areas.
- Extensive experience in institutional capacity development programs and partnerships as key components of programming
- Excellent communications skills and ability to interact with senior officials of member institutions and other agencies including government, financial institutions and the private sector, and to design and deliver impactful presentations.
- Ability to drive consensus among key internal and external stakeholders with diverse needs and interests.
- Excellent writing abilities and experience in preparing concept papers, proposal development, narrative and financial reports, where applicable using current GAC, and other development partners’ requirements.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Experience in staff supervision.
- Fluency in written and verbal English and French.
- Computer skills and knowledge of varied software programs.
Capacity to read and converse in Spanish and/or Portuguese
Agility: We thrive in a complex environment that requires nimbleness and adaptability, and we anticipate and respond to changes with quick and resourceful actions.
Inspiring Others: We motivate individuals to strive for excellence and commit to common goals and purposes, as we create a sense of self-efficacy, resilience, and persistence in others.
Integrity: We treat others fairly and respectfully, and we further the standing of the organization and its relationships of trust with our members and other stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages business development and provides leadership to the VP and Directors concerning the future direction of growth and by working with the team to develop processes and metrics that will ensure appropriate evaluation of development opportunities.
- Lead or co-lead the development of project proposals, including research, conceptualization, activity planning, securing partner agreements, identifying funding sources, planning resources and governance, and designing systems to measure and evaluate results. This involves securing the support and coordinating the work of internal and external stakeholders and CICan members.
- Provide project management expertise and direction through the full lifecycle to ensure projects led by the team are completed in accordance with the agreed project plan and budget, maximize value to members and partners and meet the highest possible standards of quality and compliance with funders’ requirements. This will require a thorough understanding of divisional capacity with respect to staff’s ability to participate in proposal development functions.
- Lead the development of knowledge transfer activities; including researching and conceptualizing new learning activities, developing appropriate solutions, securing partner support, scheduling, delivering and evaluating the programs/activities.
- Support M&E functional area and Gender Specialists to ensure that all international cooperation projects M&E and gender activities meet external funders and partners’ requirements. Represent CICan at external events, on internal and external committees and task forces, and in interactions with members, partners, government officials and funders.
- Contributes to overall CICan management objectives and strategic goals.
- Ensure adherence to CICan’s Quality Management System (ISO), policies, procedures, and corporate planning objectives.
- Contribute to the development, review and implementation of corporate plans, policies and procedures supportive of CICan’s goals and objectives.
- Graduate from a Canadian post-secondary institution or its equivalent with several years of relevant experience in international project management and reporting
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and résumé to Pat Serediuk, Manager, Human Resources before 4pm on July 24, 2020 via email to: email@example.com.
CICan is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. Do not hesitate to contact me if you require alternative arrangements to submit your application.