Grande Prairie Regional College (GPRC) is a comprehensive community institution, established in 1966 in Grande Prairie. GPRC offers a wide variety of credit and non-credit career certificates and diplomas, pre-employment and apprenticeship trades, university transfer studies, and several opportunities for on-campus degree completion through collaborations with four-year universities. As an educational facility in northwestern Alberta, GPRC helps meet the cultural, recreational, athletic and conferencing needs of the region in partnership with the community and regional stakeholders. GPRC is dedicated to providing learners with access to high quality and diverse lifelong learning opportunities, and to the responsible educational, fiscal and environmental stewardship of resources.
What We Offer
GPRC offers lifelong learning opportunities through professional development/wellness programs, a competitive salary and compensation package and a student-centered culture that is vital to our community. Join our team, grow with us and connect your skills and abilities to our vision, mission and values.
Knowledge and Skills
Necessary skills and attributes to be successful in this role include:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience with Boardvantage, MindGenious, SharePoint, Zoom, Microsoft Teams and videoconferencing platforms.
- Knowledge of government protocol and legislation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and mentorship skills.
- Superior levels of diplomacy and discretion in dealing with all constituents.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Proven use of discretion and confidentially.
- Must pay meticulous attention to detail.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
- Ability to exercise judgement, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team and take initiative independently.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced and environment.
- Ability to build successful working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Manager, Policy and Governance reports to the President and CEO and is responsible for coordinating and supporting the work and activities of the President’s Office and the Board of Governors, based on a broad understanding of College and Board priorities, provincial legislation, and Board and Administrative policies. Key duties include:
- Provide advocacy and facilitation of effective governance at GPRC and is a key resource of the President and CEO, and Executive Council.
- The primary coordinator of Board activity while maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive information received from the President, Board, and Executive.
- Provide supports/services and advice to the President, the Board Chair and the Board of Governors of GPRC.
- Consult with the President/Board Chair on the priorities to be addressed and on governance matters as they pertain to the operations and commitments of the Board of Governors.
- Organizing and supporting the Board of Governors Committee and sub-committee meetings ensuring that the mandate and legislative requirements are met.
- Policy Coordinator for all College Administrative Policies.
- Develop and maintain important relationships between the President and the Board of Governors with internal and external constituents. The position is pivotal in maintaining important networks and effective communication that sustain those relationships.
- Serves as the Team Lead for the Executive Suite Administration Team.
- Works closely with the Development, Marketing and Communications teams to ensure that the President’s activities, and communications are strategically aligned with the goals and priorities of the President and CEO.
- Liaises with key external and internal stakeholders to support the implementation of external relations priorities and advance and raise awareness on government relations priorities, goals, protocols and activities.
- Provides strategic and/or operational leadership on the planning and organization of key college-wide and Board events, aligning event strategy with College, government and public relations priorities.
- Support the President in identifying priorities in the development of work organization plans that address the priorities and commitments of the Executive Office.
- Partner with the Executive Assistant position in administering the day to day affairs of the President’s Office.
- In the absence of the President the position will maintain continuity by addressing or referring arising matters.
- Responsibilities also include administrative and meeting management support for the Executive Committee and other subcommittees involving or chaired by the President.
A diploma in a related field and 3 years experience is required; an equivalent combination of education and experience would be considered. A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
How to Apply
Only applications received electronically will be considered. To apply, go to http://www.gprc.ab.ca/careers and select the job posting.
We review all applications to select candidates whose qualifications and experience most closely meet our needs.
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. For general inquiries, please contact HR at email@example.com.
Thank you for applying to GPRC!