Lethbridge College is looking for a Network Analyst with excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills and who thrives in an ever-changing environment. If you have a strong background in networking and a detail-oriented approach, we want to hear from you.
The Network Analyst is a lead technical resource responsible for designing, managing and supporting the college’s network infrastructure. The Network Analyst will be responsible for implementing, modernizing, managing and supporting the network infrastructure, along with the tools that provide proactive monitoring, analysis and reporting on the college’s networks. The Network Analyst supports the multi-site data and telecom network services through the maintenance and operation of wired and wireless networks to ensure timely, reliable and cost-effective network services to the entire college community. This person is a member of an Infrastructure Technical Team. This team is responsible for all back-end infrastructure including networks, servers, storage, security, and telephony.
Knowledge and Skills
- Extensive experience with Cisco route-switch environments.
- Experience working with, managing and maintaining centralized wireless environments.
- Experience managing and maintaining Cisco voice environments (CUCM / Unity / UCCX).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated individual who requires minimal supervision. Preferred Qualifications - Experience in virtual environments such as VMware.
- Experience with Aruba wireless systems.
- Experience managing and maintaining Cisco ASA firewall appliances.
- Experience in Cisco Contact Centre.
- CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) certification
- Experience in Software Defined Networking (SDN).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors all network and telecom changes to ensure minimum impact on operations and maintains accurate and up-to-date system documentation.
- Serves as a technical resource on project teams and to other areas of the college in the area of network and telecommunication technologies.
- Ensuring network security and providing an infrastructure to support the network and telecom business requirements for the college.
- Implement and maintain a robust, flexible, expandable infrastructure to support the network business requirements of the college. Working with physical cabling standards and connect-room best practices to maintain and expand physical network.
This role is a hands-on technical network analyst with typically regular office hours, but may require after hours, shift work, and long hours during enterprise implementations, maintenance windows, and to meet other project deliverables. Work day hours may be shifted earlier or later to provide network coverage for the team.
- Minimum five (5) years’ relevant working experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
How to Apply
To be considered for this opportunity, candidates must apply online using the following link: