Operations Manager (FMD 40052)
Faculty of Creative Industries
Employment Group: Admin
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing Date: May 4, 2021
Note: This role will work remotely until regular operations are resumed.
Note: This is a full-time Administrative position (37.5 hours per week).
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties: Reporting to the Dean, Faculty of Creative Industries, the Operations Manager is responsible for the administrative operations of the Faculty as it pertains to development, planning and maintaining of budgets, resource allocation and facilities planning in support of the academic learning environment. The incumbent manages the Faculty’s financial information including budgets, inter-departmental adjustments, project proposal costing and the processes and documentation critical to audited projects, Faculty operations and policy compliance. The incumbent provides leadership, direction and guidance to Support staff to optimize Faculty performance.
- Post-Secondary 3-year diploma/degree in a related discipline such as Business, Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 7 years of related, progressive work experience is required at the point of hire into this position
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered; preference will be given to applicants meeting the education requirements
- Solid skills and experience in budget planning, forecasting, proposal writing, and resource allocation
- Supervisory experience with strong leadership ability
- Strong leadership and budget planning abilities, forecasting and resource allocation
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical, customer service and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead and motivate a work team and be a team player
- Ability to manage several projects concurrently while meeting deadlines effectively
- Ability to plan and lead change
- Customer service oriented
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
Do not apply through the Job Board on this site. In order to be considered for this position you must apply through the Fanshawe website online application system. See information below.
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.