Part-time Technologist – Honours Bachelor of Interior Design (ARD 40203)
School of Design
Faculty of Creative Industries
Employment Group: Support
Hours: Up to 24 hours a week
Pay Details: $23.63 per hour
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Note: This is a part-time temporary position (up to 24 hours per week) until December 17, 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties: The Part-time Technologist supports software, equipment, technical needs and academic events in the Honours Bachelor of Interior Design Program at Fanshawe College.
- Technical proficiency to support student learning in software and fabrication lab Digital fabrication equipment – AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, Lumion, Adobe Creative Suite, comfortable with operation of 3D printer, laser cutter, CNC machining
- Obtains and maintains samples and materials, product literature for resource library and product samples, etc.
- Supports Student Project Competition Submissions
- Research, Communication, and Academic Events
- Supports connections with faculty and students for collaborative projects and with multi-disciplinary focus
- Supports the organization, promotion and coordination of year end show
- Maintains connections with industry
- Supports program communication – creates and maintains promotional material, website, social media, marketing, events, open house, field trips, etc.
- Post-secondary 4-year graduate of an Interior Design, Architectural or similar degree program
- Preference given to candidates with a Bachelor of Interior Design (or related) degree or NCIDQ certification
- Minimum 2 years recent and relevant experience
- Professional industry experience in commercial and residential design
- Versed in MAC and PC operating systems
- NCIDQ certified (strongly preferred)
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Building Code is required
- Experience and education with software and equipment related to interior design practices
- Some building/construction/fabrication experience in a workshop or business environment
- Strong organizational and communication skills, and ability to work in a team setting are critical
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
Do not apply through the Job Board on this site. In order to be considered for this position you must apply via email per the instructions below.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME VIA EMAIL (quoting Competition No. ARD 40203) TO:
Associate Dean, School of Design
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.