THE OPPORTUNITY: PRESIDENT
The CNC President is accountable to the Board of Governors for the provision of sound leadership, strategic direction, and operational excellence for all aspects of CNC’s academic and operational affairs to ensure the College’s mandate is achieved.
CNC is looking for an inspiring and inclusive President who understands and respects the importance of the community college mission. Building from a strong foundation based on decades of growth and success, the President should be equally comfortable attending to internal, operational initiatives as they are representing CNC with its many external stakeholders, becoming a visible member of CNC’s diverse communities.
With a sound strategic direction, an engaged Board of Governors, and dedicated faculty and staff, this is an outstanding opportunity to for a visionary leader to take an institution that is on a sound path to the next level. CNC is a pillar in the communities it serves and its next President should bring that dedication to community.
Knowledge and Skills
Leadership – Achieves desired organizational results by encouraging and supporting the contribution of others; a proactive and positive team player who acts with a sense of urgency and leads by example; sets and communicates clear goals.
Accountable – Holds self and others accountable for responsibilities; focuses on results and measuring attainment of outcomes in a business focus.
Strategic – Develops/implements a plan in support of organizational strategic direction. Demonstrates an understanding of the link between job responsibilities and overall organizational goals and needs, and performs one’s job with the broader goals in mind.
Integrity and Honesty – Demonstrates a resolute commitment to and respect for the rules and core values of the organization, setting an example of professionalism and ethical propriety.
People Development – Fosters long-term learning and development of others through coaching, man-aging performance, and mentoring; has a genuine desire to develop others and help them succeed; formally recognizes deserving staff and colleagues.
Communication – Clearly presents written and verbal information and writes with clarity and purpose; communicates effectively in both positive as well as negative circumstances; listens well.
Creativity and Innovation – Develops new insights into situations and questions conventional approaches; encourages new ideas and innovations; designs and implements new, cutting edge programs/processes.
Effective Working Relationships – Treats colleagues, staff, and students with respect; resolves conflicts respectfully, in a timely manner; negotiates effectively; provides effective feedback to colleagues/employees.
Influential and Collaborative – Has an honest, open, consistent approach to working with others; possesses strong relationship and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and develop/maintain partnerships, obtaining stakeholder agreement.
Student-Focused – Anticipates and responds to the needs of colleagues and students, and other internal and external stakeholders of the College; keeps student interests in the forefront.
Duties and Responsibilities
The President is expected to:
• Maintain effective working relationships, including appropriate consultation with key stakeholders, employees, students, the diverse geographic and cultural communities CNC serves, government officials and other educational institutions;
• Establish and maintain a positive College image, including acting as the College spokesperson and advocate with other institutions, local and provincial governments, industry and agencies;
• Ensure short and long-term financial stability of the College, including effective financial and business planning and management processes;
• Maintain a visible presence with the College community with the associated engagement and actions;
• Ensure the College operates within the intent of all regulatory legislation and governing policies;
• Keep the Board of Governors and the Education Council informed and supported in their work; and
• Build and lead a climate of creative achievement through the development of a proactive, dynamic, and flexible institution, promoting an inclusive, consultative, and caring institutional culture.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A graduate degree in an relevant field of expertise along with a track record of educational leadership;
- Proven track record in the development of industry, government, and community partnerships;
- Deep administrative and team leadership experience, preferably in a post-secondary environment; teaching experience at the post-secondary level is an asset;
- Strong business acumen, budget planning, system optimization, and management skills;
- Excellent listening, communication, and organizational skills, with the ability to articulate and implement CNC’s strategic goals, and
- Demonstrated leadership relating to Indigenous education and community involvement.
How to Apply
A competitive compensation package will be provided including an attractive base salary and excellent benefits. Further details will be discussed in a personal interview.
To apply, please visit our website.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Julian Manchon or Tony Kirschner
LEADERS INTERNATIONAL EXECUTIVE SEARCH
#880—609 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1G5
Phone: (604) 688-8422