The Institution: Coast Mountain College
Coast Mountain College (“CMTN”), previously known as Northwest Community College, is an accredited post-secondary institution that serves the rich and diverse communities and learners of BC’s beautiful northwest region. Established in 1975 in Terrace, BC, CMTN has expanded to six regional campuses serving 34 communities, 21 of which are First Nations communities, and has campuses in Hazelton, Queen Charlotte, Masset, Smithers, Prince Rupert, and Terrace.
To learn more, please visit CMTN’s website.
The Opportunity: President
The President & CEO (“President”) is accountable to the Board of Governors for the leadership and general management of the affairs of Coast Mountain College, supporting the Board and its mandate, and is responsible for ensuring that the College operates within the policy and strategy frameworks established by the Board. The President provides advice to the Board on all matters impacting the College and will provide effective operational leadership to faculty and staff.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a visionary leader to take CTMN’s key focus on place-based, experiential education to the next level, building on a stable fiscal and operational platform, and strong enrollment trends.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A master’s degree and / or professional designation (P.Eng., CPA, etc.) ideally; a PhD would be an asset;
- Demonstrated track record overseeing a range of academic and administrative post-secondary functions;
- A proven track record of building trust and positive relationships in a unionized environment and with all employee groups;
- Comfort providing organizational leadership in the context of a Board with governance responsibilities;
- Leading through growth and change; and,
- Knowledge of, and involvement with, First Nations and rural communities.
The complete opportunity profile can be viewed: Here
Contact: NICK LAY or TONY KIRSCHNER
Leaders International Executive Search
#880 – 609 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1G5
Phone: (604) 688-8422