The Institution: Camosun College
Located in picturesque Victoria, B.C., Camosun College is situated on the Traditional Territories of the Lekwungen and WSÁNEĆ peoples. The college adopted the name “Camosun,” a Lekwungen word meaning “where different waters meet and are transformed,” when it welcomed its first students in 1971. The college is proud to celebrate its 50th Anniversary in 2021. Today it attracts approximately 20,000 learners each year including over 1,200 Indigenous students from 50 Nations, and more than 2,100 International students from 80 different countries.
To learn more, please visit Camosun’s website.
The Opportunity: President
The President of Camosun College is accountable to the Board of Governors for the provision of sound leadership, strategic direction and operational excellence for all aspects of Camosun’s academic and business affairs to ensure the College’s mandate is achieved.
Camosun College is looking for an inspiring and inclusive President who understands and respects the importance of the community college mission. Building from a strong foundation based on fifty years of growth and success, the President should be equally comfortable attending to internal, operational initiatives as they are representing Camosun College with external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Senior-level management experience in a large and complex organization, preferably in an academic or post–secondary education environment, driven by a clearly stated mission/vision;
- A university degree at the Master’s level is required. Doctoral level qualification would be an asset;
- Fostering positive relationships with Indigenous communities and learners, and creating a general culture of respect and diversity in all its forms;
- Taking a leading position and developing plans around climate change and environmental sustainability;
- Establishing positive and mutually beneficial relationships with government, public agencies, and the business community; able to advocate for Camosun’s interests when appropriate;
- Financial management experience in a tight budgetary environment; effective organizational and change management experience;
- Working effectively with union leadership and maintaining a positive labour relations climate; working effectively with elected or appointed Boards; and
- Appreciation of traditional and technology-based educational programming and pedagogical practices.
The complete opportunity profile can be viewed: Here
Contact: Nick Lay or Tony Kirschner
Leaders International Executive Search
#880 – 609 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1G5
Phone: (604) 688-8422