Southeast College serves a region that encompasses over 70 communities spread throughout 20,000 square kilometers in southeast Saskatchewan. In addition to Weyburn, where the administrative offices are located, the College operates campuses in five communities: Assiniboia, Estevan, Indian Head, Moosomin, and Whitewood.
Through partnerships with post-secondary institutions, they deliver a wide variety of career, vocational, and academic programming to meet the educational, economic, and labor force demands of southeastern Saskatchewan. The College also serves business and industry stakeholders by offering numerous business, safety, and industrial programs and courses at their six campus locations.
The Board of Governors is seeking a dynamic individual to provide strong academic, executive, and operational leadership to fulfil the College’s vision and mission.
Knowledge and Skills
- demonstrate an open, approachable, servant leadership style with superior communication skills;
- engage in collaborative, respectful relationship development with the board of directors, staff, students, local communities, and external stakeholders;
- lead the College staff in each of the campus locations, in achieving the strategic priorities that the Board has established including innovative, academic program expansion and development;
- interface with a broad range of stakeholders, including multiple levels of government (federal, provincial, municipal), First Nations/Metis authorities and communities, post-secondary institutions, and businesses/industries;
- have a proven record of building collaborative ventures and experience in business/industry relations, coupled with the development of alternative revenue sources;
- have successful experience with international education and program brokerage models;
- have sound knowledge of and commitment to K to 12 and/or post-secondary education, balanced with administrative expertise and financial acumen;
- function in an environment subject to uncertainty and pressures beyond the control of the CEO.
- possess a relevant graduate degree or the equivalent in education, training, and experience;
- have a minimum of five years of demonstrated exemplary leadership, including financial and/or human resource management, in a large or complex public, educational organization;
- have successful experience working with governance boards and multiple stakeholders.
How to Apply
To inquire about the competition, position profile, and request application submission requirements, contact the Saskatchewan Educational Leadership Unit by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The competition will close at 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 1, 2022.
Duties will commence by mutual agreement with the candidate/Board of Governors.