Professor – Welding (STE 201900080)
St. Thomas / Elgin Regional Campus
Location: St. Thomas, ON
Employment Group: Faculty
Type of Position: Full-time
Hours of Work Per Week: 44
Closing Date for Applications: May 13, 2019
A full-time Professor at Fanshawe College is responsible for providing academic leadership and for developing an effective learning environment for students. The successful candidate will teach courses in the Welding program at the Fanshawe St. Thomas/ Elgin Regional campus.
- Combination of excellent leadership and teaching skills with a strong commitment to academic excellence and student success
- Excellent communicator
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to relate effectively to a wide variety of learners
- Strong technical/computer skills and familiarity with educational technologies are required
- Teaching experience with hybrid and/or online delivery preferred
- Related industry work experience, previous college teaching experience and knowledge of curriculum design and student evaluations are assets
- Post-secondary 2 year diploma in industrial and/or commercial welding, or millwrighting
- Minimum 5 years of relevant industry experience
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered; preference will be given to applicants meeting the education requirements
- Journeyman Welder or Journeyman Industrial Mechanic Millwright certification is required
- Previous post-secondary teaching experience in welding is preferred
Approximate Start Date: August 12, 2019
Salary: Determination of starting salaries is based on relevant teaching/occupational experience and relevant formal qualifications, supported with original transcripts from granting institutions. The salary scale is $63,971 to $110,897 along with a comprehensive benefit package.
Partial load or full-time academic staff presently employed with the College will be given first consideration in accordance with the Academic Collective Agreement.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply
Do not apply through the Job Board on this site. In order to be considered for this position you must apply through the Fanshawe website online application. See information below.
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.