Colleges and Institutes Canada
COLLEGES AND INSTITUTES CANADA
Title: Program Officer, Service Delivery
Classification: Program Staff II
Supervisor: Manager, Canadian Immigrant Integration Program (CIIP)
Division: Government Relations and Canadian Partnerships
Date: June 24th, 2019
PLEASE REFER TO COMPETITION NUMBER: 2019-11
Reporting to the Manager, Canadian Immigrant Integration Program (CIIP), the Program Officer (PO), Service Delivery, is responsible for providing project and program support to the CIIP team in a fast-paced and geographically and cultural complex operating environment. The incumbent is responsible for supporting the team in all aspects service delivery to ensure high-quality client service and to meet contractual commitments to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), the program funder.
The Canadian Immigrant Integration Program (CIIP), an initiative of Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan), funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), is designed to enhance immigrants’ readiness for economic and social integration. Our pre-arrival services, delivered worldwide, provide prospective Economic Class (federal and provincial skilled workers) and Family Class immigrants and their dependents with in-person and online services including i) group information sessions, ii) individualized planning sessions, and iii) customized referrals to organizations in Canada. Services are provided in English, French and local languages, via field offices in India, and the Philippines and by our Online Global Team.
The work of the Program Officer, Service Delivery, is reviewed by the Manager, CIIP, based on objectives and work plans set annually.
- Organize work effectively and efficiently within a team environment;
- Prioritize multiple tasks and demands from team members simultaneously;
- Perform various and complex tasks of a responsible and professional nature;
- Work under pressure to meet deadlines while maintaining a strong attention to detail;
- Have tolerance for ambiguity;
- Troubleshoot as required and provide innovative problem-solving solutions;
- Interact effectively with Association staff, senior and administrative staff from member institution, government and partner organization and is expected to maintain these important relationships;
- Function with tact, diplomacy, flexibility and autonomy;
- Treat everyone fairly and equitably and maintain high ethical standards;
- Maintain a good understanding of Colleges and Institutes Canada’s and Divisional goals and objectives, as well as its programs and services;
- Perform duties in accordance with Colleges and Institutes Canada’s competencies, values and code of ethics;
- Understanding of social and economic immigrant integration issues and services across Canada;
- Able to travel domestically and internationally.
The Program Officer, CIIP will specifically work on CIIP program service delivery:
- Contributes to the development, maintenance and renewal of delivery tools and processes;
- Contributes to service delivery processes, training and communications, including services delivered by domestic partners;
- Assists in coordination and communication on all element of service delivery with overseas teams and domestic partners;
- In collaboration with CIIP team members, organizes meetings, events and outreach activities to facilitate high-quality, coordinated, standardized service delivery;
- Researches immigrant services, activities and programs, including those offered by CICan members;
- Updates tools and makes recommendations for program content and delivery based on research;
- Contributes to drafting, updating, monitoring and budgeting of service delivery contracts;
- Supports regular program monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Assists and develops presentations and represents CIIP in meetings and conferences;
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Graduate from a post-secondary institution or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Understanding of the Canadian educational milieu, focusing on the college/institute system;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders at different levels’
- High degree of organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proficient in managing information and administrative processes;
- Ability to exercise discretion and professionalism;
- Demonstrated ability in the design of reports and presentations’
- Creative and innovative when problem-solving;
- Research and analytical skills;
- Fluency in both written and verbal English;
- French comprehension;
- Strong writing skills, experience preparing external communications, reports, tools, guidelines and presentations;
- Strong digital and data literacy;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- International work experience;
- Cross cultural communication competencies;
- Understanding of Canadian immigration policies and programs and labour market information;
- Knowledge of privacy and security practices;
- Fluency in spoken and written French.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and résumé to Roxanne Cantin, Senior Personnel Officer before 4pm on July 19th, 2019 via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CICan is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. Do not hesitate to contact me if you require alternative arrangements to submit your application.
We thank all applicants in advance however only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
We will make every reasonable effort to accommodate prospective candidates under any of the protected grounds of discrimination. Should you need an accommodation, please make the request as soon as possible. If the accommodation is related to a medical or health condition, you may be required to provide confirmation from a medical profession that you require the accommodation. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.