The ImpAct Partnership Services unit was created in 2019 to facilitate members’ collaboration in pursuing the vision of CICan’s Strategic Plan 2019-24, “Better Futures for Peoples and Communities”. The team builds and maintains partnerships with external stakeholders from the public, private and not-for-profit sectors to increase the impact of colleges and institutes on Canada’s commitment to the UN 2030 Agenda.
The overall aims of Impact Partnerships are to:
Amplify and scale up member institutions’ contributions to strengthening social infrastructure, such as social and economic inclusion and ecological sustainability, in alignment with the UN 2030 Agenda.
Encourage collaboration among members and build deep and sustainable new relationships with external stakeholders, in particular with the private sector, to scale up the impact of cross-institutional collaboration.
ImpAct Partnership Services collaborates with internal colleagues to develop and share domestic and international networks, expertise and experience, to maximize the Canadian college and institute sector’s contribution to the UN 2030 Agenda and the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Reporting to the Manager, ImpAct Partnership Services, the Senior Program Officer (SPO_PA) is primarily responsible for working with the Manager to implement CICan’s domestic partnership strategy, focusing primarily on partnership development with the private sector, in addition to government, not-for-profits and philanthropic organizations. The SPO_PA supports the management team by tracking and coordinating CICan’s domestic partnership development activities, sustains and strengthens stakeholder relationships and assists with the development of project proposals. The SPO_PA also: supports and undertakes work related to CICan’s roles as the pan-Canadian UNESCO/UNEVOC Centre and lead for the North American cluster of centres and as an active member of the World Federation of Colleges and Polytechnics (WFCP); maintains excellent relations with both UN Global Compact Network Canada, SDSN Canada and similar organizations; and ensures the visibility of ImpAct via a strong communication and outreach plan. The SPO participates in the development and implementation of CP strategic planning, in collaboration with GR/CP management team.
The work of the Senior Program Officer_Partnerships is reviewed by the Manager, ImpAct Partnership Services, based on objectives and work plans set annually.
Knowledge and Skills
- experience with private sector stakeholders as it relates to multi-sector partnerships or funding arrangements;
- proven working experience in building purpose-driven and enduring partnerships;
- demonstrated understanding of Canada’s college and institute sector;
- experience with fund development activities including preparing proposals, pitches and supporting materials;
- demonstrated knowledge of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals;
- demonstrated initiative, decision-making and problem-solving capabilities;
- solid organizational skills including attention to detail, timeliness and multitasking;
- fluency in verbal French and English;
- excellent communication and collaboration skills and high level of flexibility;
- proven ability to work under time pressure and on multiple priorities at once;
- experience in the preparation of various reports, recommendations, and briefing notes ability to exercise discretion and professionalism and work well in a team environment;
- proficient in managing information and administrative processes;
- excellent research and analytical abilities;
- minimum 3 years using Microsoft Office Suite (SharePoint; MS Teams platform), ISO processes and CRM platforms with a high level of expertise.
Desirable Abilities/ Experience:
- Direct study or work experience in a Canadian college, institute, polytechnic or cegep is desirable;
- Project management theory or practice;
- demonstrated abilities in budget development and management;
- Fluency in written French
Duties and Responsibilities
- play a consulting and problem-solving role with members, partners, senior officials, funders, stakeholders and CICan Colleges and Institutes Canada colleagues;
- interact effectively with CICan staff, senior and administrative staff from member institutions, government and partner organizations and maintain these important relationships;
- function with a significant level of flexibility and autonomy, performing:
- various and complex tasks under pressure with attention to detail;
- prioritize multiple tasks and demands simultaneously;
- exercise sound judgment, tact and diplomacy;
- work effectively and efficiently within a team environment, and maintain cordial and respectful relationships;
- make efficient and strategic recommendations;
- take initiative and innovate;
- have a thorough understanding of Colleges and Institutes Canada’s goals and objectives, as well as of all programs and services;
- have an extensive understanding of the member colleges and institutes as well as knowledge of the Canadian education milieu and awareness of the socio-economic, political and sustainability issues that affect the member institutions;
- treat everyone fairly and equitably and maintain high ethical standards;
- have a thorough understanding of the unit’s short term and long-term objectives; and
- perform duties in accordance with CICan’s competencies, values and code of ethics;
Specific Expectations: The Senior Program Officer_Partnerships will:
- support planning for new, funded and un-funded partnership activities, in collaboration with Manager;
- use robust tools and practices to monitor and track progress on the Partnership Strategy;
- contribute to action plans for implementing the long-term strategies for Canadian Partnerships projects and partnerships that align with the strengths of CICan’s member colleges and institutes, with specific focus on contributing to the UN 2030 Agenda and the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs);
- network with other divisions and teams at CICan to ensure strong communication flows;
- oversee the ImpAct community of practice, propose new ones and ensure that the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software entries are maintained, expanded and strategically engaged;
- develop content for and provide support to the UNEVOC functions that CICan has committed to, working in collaboration with international colleagues;
- develop and implement outreach strategies and activities to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including maintaining CRM Platform and prospect mapping, to achieve the partnership development priorities of the unit;
- contribute to the development of communication tools including a regular communication with the ImpAct community of practice, the web page, reports, presentations and social media;
- perform risk management to minimize financial and reputational risks;
- research potential partners, assess strategic fit and prepare summaries;
- track funding opportunities and assist with proposal and pitch writing activities;
- prepare agendas, minutes, reports and related documents as well as ensure that decisions are followed up in a timely fashion;
- draft/review contracts with consultants and partners and monitor deliverables and contract requirements;
- ability to travel and attend conferences and events as required;
- perform other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and résumé to Lisa Daigle, Human Resources Generalist before
4pm on Friday October 9, 2020, via email to email@example.com:
CICan is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. Do not hesitate to contact me if you require alternative arrangements to submit your application. We thank all applicants in advance however only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
Reasonable Accommodation: We will make every reasonable effort to accommodate prospective candidates under any of the protected grounds of discrimination. Should you need an accommodation, please make the request as soon as possible. If the accommodation is related to a medical or health condition, you may be required to provide confirmation from a medical professional that you require the accommodation. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.