Senior Vice President, Academic and Student Success
An exciting career opportunity for an innovative academic leader committed to student success, who can participate in senior decision-making at Lambton College while providing strategic and operational guidance to an outstanding team of dynamic leaders and exceptional staff across a major portfolio.
About Lambton College
Lambton College is located on the beautiful homeland that is the traditional territory of the Ojibwe, Potawatomi and Odawa First Nations. These three individual Nations make up the traditional Three Fires Confederacy. We acknowledge the grace and the welcome they have offered to all students, staff and guests at Lambton College.
For over 50 years, Lambton College has been a leader in educational programming, experiential learning, student life experience and applied research. With a mission of student and community success, Lambton College offers a growing roster of more than 90 diploma, certificate and degree programs to a diverse student population of more than 13,000 at two main campuses in Sarnia and two in the Greater Toronto Area. Essential work has been done to ensure a College environment that is welcoming and supportive to Indigenous learners.
Much of Lambton College’s ongoing success can be attributed to career-focused programming, exceptional faculty and staff, and a recent campus revitalization that has resulted in world-class facilities. These include the state-of-practice NOVA Chemicals Health & Research Centre and Centre of Excellence in Energy & Bio-Industrial Technologies, a new Athletics & Fitness Complex, and a Fire School that is Canada’s largest live-fueled training center.
Lambton College is the only college in Canada to have been ranked among the top three Canadian research colleges for the past four years. It is also the only Canadian college to win national and global Enactus competitions, capturing national titles in 2018 and 2019 and the world title in 2018.
About The Role
Lambton College is looking for a passionately student-centered and empathetic leader who exhibits on a daily basis a deep commitment to the College core values of caring, innovation, quality, vitality and diversity. As a person who possesses an agile, entrepreneurial and innovative mindset with a track record of leading change, this leader will be well positioned to help guide the College into a new era of prosperity and student success.
Lambton College will be implementing a post-COVID strategy called Project Momentum that will build on the many innovations undertaken during the pandemic to conclusively demonstrate that now is the time for Lambton College. Guided by the core drivers of humanization, information & communications technology, automation, digitization, data and inclusivity to accelerate into Industry 5.0, Lambton College will focus on enhanced teaching and learning to enrich experiential and competency-based education and an emerging Hyflex delivery model that will put students at the center of a personalized learning journey.
The College will also deepen its connection with the Sarnia-Lambton community to drive economic development through innovation, entrepreneurship, collaboration, and immigration.
To propel this important progress for students and the Sarnia-Lambton community, Lambton College is seeking a Senior Vice President, Academic and Student Success.
Reporting to the President & CEO with a strong commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion, and acting as the senior academic and student success officer of the College, the Senior Vice President, Academic and Student Success will plan, organize, innovate, staff, and manage Lambton College’s academic operations. The successful candidate will be accountable for the development, content, currency, delivery, and standards of post-secondary and non-post-secondary full-time and part-time academic programs and services that enhance the quality of student education and student life. The successful candidate will also provide leadership, short- and long-term strategic planning, policy development and senior management direction to the administrators and staff responsible for the diverse range of academic programs and student services across the College.
As a senior leader, the successful candidate will be directly involved in the management and decision-making for the College as a member of the President’s Senior Leadership Team and will work closely with colleagues to develop and make recommendations to the Lambton College Board of Governors.
Key areas of responsibility in the Senior Vice President, Academic and Student Success portfolio include:
- All academic divisions, including the School of Health Services, Community Services and Creative Design, the School of Technology and Trades, the School of Business, English, Liberal Studies, and the School of Information Technology
- All aspects of the College’s student success and services division, including Indigenous Education
- International Education, including Public & Private Partnerships
- The College’s Academic & Student Success Plan & Strategic Enrolment process, ensuring leaders are focused on robust student recruitment & enhancing student persistence
- Developing key strategies to set direction for new program development to increase revenue and market share
- Marketing, Communications and Brand Management
- Teaching and Learning Commons, including professional development and library services
- Execution of aspects of the College’s post-COVID strategy Project Momentum
Qualifications & Experience
The ideal candidate for the position of Senior Vice President, Academic and Student Success will possess:
- A master’s degree in a relevant field with teaching experience considered to be a significant asset.
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in progressively responsible leadership positions, preferably in a complex, unionized college sector or other academic organization
- Experience working closely with a Board of Governors and using public sector governance and funding models
- Substantial business acumen combined with exceptional interpersonal, problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Progressive administrative planning and management skills applicable to ongoing operations, team building and change management
- Advanced strategic and analytic skills related to policy, budget and operational issues
- Persuasive and motivational communication skills, including in writing, presentations and, enabling effective communication with a broad range of constituent groups
- The ability to represent Lambton College locally, provincially and nationally regarding administrative and finance matters
- An understanding of the marketing and communications disciplines
- Adequate knowledge of information technology to understand, and set direction for, academic use of computing in support of Lambton College objectives
The salary range for this position is: $142,935 - $190,580 plus performance pay entitlement
To apply to this high-impact leadership mandate in higher education, submit your application to Phelps at email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line of your e-mail. Application deadline: May 4th, 2021.
401 Bay Street, Suite 1400, Toronto, ON M5H 2Y4
Phone: 416 364 6229
Lambton College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources Department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process. In support of a diverse and inclusive college community, Lambton College welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, including Aboriginal persons, members of sexual minority groups, persons with disabilities and visible minorities