Technician - Horticultural (ARD 201900359)
School of Design
Faculty of Creative Industries
Employment Group: Support
Type of Position: Full-time
Hours: 35 per week
Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Some regular overtime in June and January
Pay Details: $31.37 per hour
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Note: This is a full-time position (35 hours per week).
Knowledge and Skills
- Post-secondary 2 year diploma in Horticulture/Landscape or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years' horticulture/grounds/greenhouse experience
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered; preference will be given to applicants meeting the education requirements
- Landscape Exterminator and/or Industrial Vegetation Exterminator, Greenhouse Pesticide Exterminator certification required
- Familiarity with ornamental plant identification, interior and exterior plants and/or greenhouse climate control programs/systems
- Working knowledge of landscape construction materials including stone, wood, fasteners and irrigation components
- Experience with purchasing, paperwork and maintenance cycles
- Ability to operate and demonstrate operation of a variety of landscape equipment such as: radial arm saw, circular saw, jig saw, table saw, mitre saw, stone cutter and drill
- Mechanical aptitude and skills in repairing and maintaining equipment such as lawn mowers, garden tractors and tools
- Valid driver's license
- CLT, chainsaw, skidsteer preferred
- Demonstrated success in a team environment and proven ability to work independently
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties: Under the supervision of the Associate Dean, School of Design, the Horticulture Technician provides hands-on grounds maintenance to a diverse plant collection and garden maintained to the highest professional standards. Additionally, the incumbent will provide safe equipment maintenance, summer student supervision, and some property maintenance. The Technician also provides technical assistance to the Horticultural Programs as directed by the Program staff. The Technician's work location is at the A.M. Cuddy property in Strathroy and/or the London Campus.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
Do not apply through the Job Board on this site. In order to be considered for this position you must apply through the Fanshawe website online application. See information below.
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.