Applicants must apply through the Niagara College careers website https://www.niagaracollege.ca/humanresources/careers/
Located in the heart of the Niagara region – just minutes from one of the world’s most well-known tourism destinations – Niagara College offers more than 100 innovative programs at specialized campuses in Welland and Niagara-on-the-Lake. Since opening its doors in 1967, Niagara College has grown to become a leader in education and training and one of the most enterprising colleges in Canada.
Applications are invited for the position of Vice President, Students.
Modeling and nurturing the College’s guiding principles - Student-Focused, Trailblazing, Welcoming, and Passionate - the Vice President, Students is responsible for the engagement and support of prospective and current students, and champions initiatives related to student access, diversity, inclusivity and success. The incumbent leads a comprehensive strategic enrolment management strategy in alignment with the College Strategic Plan, is responsible for Planning and Institutional Research, and regularly liaises, consults and collaborates with the Niagara College Student Administrative Council.
Reporting to the President, the incumbent leads a diverse range of services focused on enhancing the NC student experience and opportunities for co-curricular and extra-curricular learning: athletics and student engagement, including orientation; enrolment and registration services; libraries and academic support services including co-op, career and advising; marketing and recruitment; planning and institutional research; and a suite of student services comprised of health, wellness, and accessibility; indigenous education; and student rights and responsibilities.
The incumbent is a full member of the Executive team and in that capacity takes part in the broad strategic planning, organization, leadership and management of the College.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Acts as a champion and a leader to cultivate and foster an environment supportive of student access, success and the extension of classroom learning into co-curricular and extra-curricular activities
- Leads the coordination and development of strategic plans, goals and objectives for increasing enrolment, retention and graduation of NC students
- Provides institutional leadership for the delivery of effective student success and engagement programming and services
- Ensures on-going community engagement with local municipalities through active “town and gown” activities, and provides leadership and active involvement with student leadership and representative groups to sustain a high level of student life on and off campus
- Pursues, develops, and cultivates partnerships in alignment with the College’s enrolment strategy, vision, and values
- Relevant Masters Degree in Higher Education, Student Development, Business or other related field of study
- Minimum ten (10) years of relevant and progressive leadership/management experience in the post-secondary education environment
- Proven knowledge and creativity with recruitment, retention and student engagement programs and services
- Comprehensive knowledge of student support processes and resources
- Exceptional communication, collaboration and consensus building skills to foster key working relationships amongst diverse constituent groups
- Experience with quantitative data analysis and enterprise systems
- Ability to provide strategic leadership and vision in a complex, multi-site environment
- Demonstrated senior leadership and team building skills
- Outstanding budget acumen with a strong affinity for academic and student services
- Knowledge and experience working effectively with diverse student populations
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a leader with employees and students, Board of Governors, Student Government and other diverse groups in educational and community settings
A Job Fact Sheet is available for review in Human Resources during the posting period, please contact Nadia Gugliotta at email@example.com to request a copy of the JFS.
Niagara College offers a competitive compensation, pension and benefits package. We provide a balance of on-campus and remote work through the College’s Remote Work Policy. As a place-based organization, all positions will involve some degree of on campus work.
Niagara College is strongly committed to diversity and inclusion within its community and to fostering inclusive and barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. We offer an inclusive work environment and welcome applications from all qualified individuals who feel they can further enhance campus diversity and equity efforts. Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources. While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.