Management Academic Chair – Natural Resources Cluster, School of Environmental & Natural Resource Sciences
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
What This Position is About:
In this key leadership position you will provide academic and administrative leadership, supervision, and direction to all full-time and contract faculty and technicians within the Natural Resources Cluster of the School of Environmental & Natural Resource Sciences. This Cluster includes programs in Heavy Equipment, Drilling and Blasting, Earth Resources, Forestry, Sustainable Agriculture, and GIS. With a focus on program/discipline vitality and quality, you are also responsible for the Cluster’s day-to-day operations which includes: hiring, managing and developing faculty and staff; developing and managing workload assignments; ensuring the health and safety of students, faculty and staff; overseeing curriculum revision processes for the Cluster; and providing leadership in academic processes such as program review, capital planning, curriculum renewal, and budget development. You will be working in close collaboration with the Chair of the Environmental Cluster in the School. You will also work respectfully with our Union leaders ensuring faculty and staff assignments are consistent with College policies and procedures, Collective Agreements and best practices.
This position offers an exciting leadership opportunity to work with a strong team and deliver an integrated and personalized learning experience that is valued by students, enhances their success and prepares them for their future.
Through proactive planning, flexibility, transparency, engagement, mentoring and communication, you will model the College values inherent in our Core Promise to Students and foster a sustainable, supportive and safe learning community as you work collaboratively to develop and implement the School’s business plan within the College’s academic planning processes and support the growth of the Frost Campus as a Centre of Excellence. Please see Fleming College Strategic Plan and Academic Plan for more information.
Please note that in addition to the salary range listed above, you will be eligible for performance-based incentives.
Salary range is $98,722 to $132,013
For More Information
For a complete job description please refer to the posting available on our website under careers.
What We Are Looking For:
As our ideal candidate, in addition to having a minimum of a 4-year Bachelor’s degree (Masters Degree is preferred) in a discipline relevant to the School (or relevant combination of education and experience), you possess the following skills and experience:
- Strong leadership skills including demonstrated experience guiding, developing and coaching employees, facilitating change, ensuring employee engagement, mediating/resolving conflict, and inspiring and influencing a team.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and foster a collegial, collaborative work environment.
- Strong understanding of the processes of learning and teaching, with experience in curriculum design, development, and delivery at the post-secondary level as well as knowledge of learning design and innovative teaching and learning strategies.
- Experience developing and administering budgets, with strong analytical abilities and attention to detail.
- Superior communication (both verbal and written) and listening skills.
- Exemplary organizational and planning skills including the ability to prioritize and continuously multi-task.
- Proven experience developing creative solutions to complex problems, with evidence of strong decision making capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in recruiting and hiring.
- Ability to think strategically and implement objectives with excellence.
- Solid understanding of the disciplines and programs within the School.
- Experience addressing health and safety issues in an educational context.
How to Apply
To apply to Fleming College career opportunities please visit http://www.FlemingCollege.ca/Careers.
318 total views, 1 today