Executive Management ACTING ASSOCIATE DEAN OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Reporting to the Dean of Business, and working with the other Associate Deans, Managers, faculty and staff, the Acting Associate Dean, Operations Management will be an inspirational leader, accountable for providing administrative and educational leadership to designated full-time, part-time, and industry training programs and courses, in accordance with BCIT and industry standards. While supporting internal relationships across programs, departments and schools, the Associate Dean maintains external relations with industry, professional associations and other educational institutions.
The Associate Dean, as the educational manager is responsible for leading the departments in a collegial fashion and facilitating operations to ensure student service levels. The successful candidate will provide support for faculty, staff, and students. This individual will be in charge of spearheading the implementation of corporate and school-level educational strategies and objectives.
In addition, this individual is responsible for executing a broad range of initiatives impacting the daily and longer-term strategic issues important to the institute. For this reason, the Associate Dean recognizes opportunities for change, engages faculty in the process, and provides proactive leadership in new program development to meet changing workforce needs.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represents the Institute, School and Department at relevant Industry, community and sector functions.
- Establishes and maintains an effective liaison with relevant industries, professional groups and associations, government agencies, joint boards, BCIT support groups, etc.
- Manages complex budgets, both operational and capital, including determining costs, allocations, and expenditures, and monitoring the processes for multiple programs.
- Ensures academic integrity for all program courses.
- Establishes, maintains and operates an ongoing process of program evaluation, ensuring that programs and courses are of a high quality and are effectively and efficiently delivered in accordance with established standards.
- Manages the department in accordance with the appropriate collective agreement.
- In consultation with the program areas, sets appropriate performance expectations, and evaluates performance based on those expectations and objectives. In accordance with the relevant collective agreements, coordinates and signs off faculty and support staff performance reviews. Ensures that group and individual staff development plans are established to meet individual, program and Institute needs. Monitors implementation of these plans.
- Manage faculty and support staff, numbering approximately 40 employees
- Works under general direction of the Dean and is required to operate autonomously. Work is reviewed periodically for achievement of objectives and quality and effectiveness of programs.
WHAT THIS POSITION HAS TO OFFER:
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a competitive pension plan
- Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development
- Tuition waivers for BCIT courses
- Subsidized parking and fitness facilities
- Wellness and Employee Assistance programs
- University graduation at the Master’s level or higher
- Eight to ten years of directly related and progressive experience in business, industry and/or training.
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Strong leadership skills, good organizational skills and a high degree of self-motivation and business acumen.
- Demonstrated effective and positive management style for people in a distributed work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, which are necessary to establish and sustain relationships and rapport.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be familiar with office software and state-of-the-art information and educational technology.
View the full job description View the full job description here: Associate Dean.
To apply, visit us online at careers.bcit.ca
We are only able to accept applications that are submitted on the BCIT Careers website.
434 total views, 1 today