Clerical / Administrative Administrative Coordinator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Colleges and Institutes Canada
Title: Administrative Coordinator
Classification: Program Staff I
Supervisor: Manager, Canadian Partnerships
Division: Canadian Partnerships
Reporting to the Manager, Canadian Partnerships, the Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for providing effective and efficient administrative support with respect to the delivery of multiple projects and business development initiatives. The incumbent’s responsibilities include administrative support; maintaining and gathering information; undertaking research as required; maintaining administrative, information and tracking systems; preparing and editing key program communications. The Administrative Coordinator will also assist with the preparation of contracts; the preparation of financial documents, reports, and charts/tables/graphics.
- work effectively within a multi-team environment;
- accomplish various functions of a complex nature on diverse dossiers, requiring initiative and self-direction;
- provide effective and efficient support to the Canadian Partnerships team;
- self-prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently to ensure quality of work, often with deadlines and shifting priorities;
- interact effectively with Association staff, senior and administrative staff from member institutions, partners and external organizations;
- treat everyone fairly and equitably and maintain high ethical standards;
- demonstrated ability to work independently and under pressure with attention to detail;
- perform duties in accordance with CICan’s competencies, values and code of ethics; and
- ability to work with minimal supervision.
Specific Expectations: The Administrative Coordinator will:
- provide administrative support to the Canadian Partnership team and related projects, including Essential Skills Social Finance project and CICan’s Career-Launcher Internships;
- assist in administrative tasks during the selection and matching processes of interns with employers for CICan’s Career-Launcher Internships;
- follow-up with employers and interns for mid-term and final reports;
- assist in administrative duties for other projects and initiatives;
- undertaking research for the Canadian Partnership team, as required;
- assist with conceptualization of charts, data, and text tables, graphics and editing;
- assist in the preparation of documents for financial processing including invoices, budgets, statements, claims and financial reports;
- establish, maintain, monitor and track administrative and communication systems;
- gather and collate information;
- prepare, review and edit written communication and other documentation;
- as assigned, assist in the monitoring of social media channels related to the work of the Division;
- make travel arrangements and prepare travel claims; and
- perform other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- graduate from a post-secondary institution or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience;
- proficiency in office and administrative tasks;
- ability to write at a professional level;
- strong interpersonal, organizational and communications kills;
- knowledge of financial and accounting processes;
- fluency in both written and verbal English and French; and
- demonstrated ability using Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- knowledge of the Canadian college system;
- familiarity with social media and website content development.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and résumé to Roxanne Cantin, Senior Personnel Officer before 4pm on Friday February 27th, 2018 via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CICan is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. Do not hesitate to contact me if you require alternative arrangements to submit your application.We thank all applicants in advance however only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
We will make every reasonable effort to accommodate prospective candidates under any of the protected grounds of discrimination. Should you need an accommodation, please make the request as soon as possible. If the accommodation is related to a medical or health condition, you may be required to provide confirmation from a medical profession that you require the accommodation. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.
1608 total views, 2 today