Executive Management Associate Dean, Broadcast and Media
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Associate Dean of Broadcast and Media Communications will be an inspirational leader, strong communicator, and creative problem solver. We are looking for a visionary who has experience in media and education, who will work with faculty and staff to craft a cutting edge contemporary department for the future. If you are known for your positive attitude, integrity and ability to meet deadlines and budgets, we would like to hear from you. The Broadcast and Media Communications department is made up of imaginative, experienced and creative content producers. Within our three programs, we specialize in video and audio production, as well as journalism plus on-air and online storytelling. We look forward to working with an Associate Dean who is proactive, accountable, and a champion for this evolving and exciting media industry.
Reporting to the Dean of Business, and working with departmental Associate Deans, Managers, faculty and staff, the Associate Dean of Broadcast and Media Communications will provide administrative and educational leadership to full-time and part-time students, as well as industry training programs and courses. The Associate Dean functions as a member of academic departments, as faculty and staff personnel supervisor, and as the individual responsible for the implementation of corporate and school level educational strategies and objectives. The Associate Dean is responsible for leading a broad range of initiatives impacting the daily and longer term strategic issues important to the Institute. The Associate Dean represents the School’s Dean as appropriate.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represents the Institute, School and Department at relevant Industry, community and sector functions.
- Acting Dean where and when appropriate.
- Establishes and maintains an effective liaison with relevant industries, professional groups and associations, government agencies, joint boards, BCIT support groups, etc.
- Manages complex budgets, both operational and capital, including determining costs, allocations, and expenditures, and monitoring the processes for multiple programs.
- Ensures academic integrity for all program courses.
- Establishes, maintains and operates an ongoing process of program evaluation, ensuring that programs and courses are of a high quality and are effectively and efficiently delivered in accordance with established standards.
- Manages the department in accordance with the appropriate collective agreement.
- In consultation with the program areas, sets appropriate performance expectations, and evaluates performance based on those expectations and objectives. In accordance with the relevant collective agreements, coordinates and signs off faculty and support staff performance reviews. Ensures that group and individual staff development plans are established to meet individual, program and Institute needs. Monitors implementation of these plans.
- Number of employees reporting directly to the position varies by department, typically up to 30.
- Works under general direction of the Dean and is required to operate autonomously. Work is reviewed periodically for achievement of objectives and quality and effectiveness of programs.
WHAT THIS POSITION HAS TO OFFER:
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a competitive pension plan
- Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development
- Tuition waivers for BCIT courses
- Subsidized parking and fitness facilities
- Wellness and Employee Assistance programs
- University graduation at the Master’s level, or at the Doctoral level as required by some schools or disciplines.
- Eight to ten years of directly related and progressive experience in business, industry and/or training.
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Strong leadership skills, good organizational skills and a high degree of self-motivation and business acumen.
- Demonstrated effective and positive management style for people in a distributed work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, which are necessary to establish and sustain relationships and rapport.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be familiar with office software and state-of-the-art information and educational technology.
START DATE: November 1, 2017.
COMPETITION NUMBER: 17M268
OPENING DATE: September 23, 2017.
CLOSING DATE: October 25, 2017.
BCIT offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and promotes inclusiveness in the workplace. BCIT is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If selected for an interview, candidates will be required to present original copies of credentials.
To apply, visit us online at careers.bcit.ca
We are only able to accept applications that are submitted on the BCIT Careers website.
313 total views, 1 today