Management Associate Dean, Business and Management
Department: Business and Management
Posting Date: March 28, 2018
Salary Range: $96,787 – $129,046
Reporting to the Dean, the incumbent provides broad academic leadership and management to a cluster of diverse programs within the Business portfolio which may be on multiple campuses. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Conducting curriculum review processes and facilitating the on-going review of existing programs
• Initiating, facilitating and actively participating in the development and implementation of new academic programs to reflect market changes and the employment needs of industry, and that will enhance student experience and increase enrolment
• Ensuring program outcomes are achieved through effective leadership and supervision of the teaching and learning processes
• Establishing positive relationships with internal (faculty, staff and students), building integrated and collaborate teams. Establishing positive relationships with external (industry / sector representatives, professional associations) stakeholders
• Working collaboratively in the development and implementation of the Academic Plan in alignment Georgian’s strategic plan
• Recruiting, hiring and evaluating all faculty and support staff
• Ensuring that faculty and staff assignments are consistent with college policies, procedures and collective agreements
• Initiating problem solving processes for disputes involving staff, faculty and students
• Managing financial resources to ensure fiscal responsibility and accuracy in developing, monitoring, reporting and ensuring financial reporting obligations and annual revenue targets are met
• Responsible for managing the health and safety program in the academic area (e.g., training, SOPs, documentation)
• Attending Advisory Committee meetings, facilitating and / or chairing committees that involve college-wide and / or campus initiatives
• Representing the Dean, as necessary, at designated events
• Assisting as necessary with the implementation of special projects across the portfolio
• Master’s degree preferred with an undergraduate degree in a field related to Business , Adult Education or Educational Leadership with progressive academic and teaching experience in post-secondary education
• Training in teaching / training / curriculum (e.g. Centre for Teaching & Learning courses)
• Knowledge and background in current business and management industries and practices.
• A minimum of 5 years of leadership experience in an academic and / or industry setting
• Experience with academic processes and procedures (including curriculum development, teaching and learning styles and techniques, complaint procedures, program reviews, collective agreements, etc.)
• Project management experience with demonstrated analytical and organizational skills to be able to manage multiple projects in an effective and timely manner
• Communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills in order to build and cultivate relationships with a variety of stakeholders and manage difficult situations with diplomacy and tact
• Ability to identify, address and resolve problems or conflicts in an efficient and diplomatic manner
• Experience developing, managing and monitoring budgets
• Demonstrated community connections and networking experience
• Demonstrated ability to work collegially in a unionized environment
• Ability to lead effectively in organizational change management
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Us and then to Career Opportunities.
This position is open until filled. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
298 total views, 1 today