Executive Management Associate Dean, Electrical and Computer Engineering
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Associate Dean is part of the Educational Leadership Team of the Institute. Reporting to the Dean, the Associate Dean is accountable for providing administrative and educational leadership to designated full-time, part-time and Industry training programs and courses, in accordance with BCIT and industry standards and congruent with the overall Institute mission to become Canada’s Premier Polytechnic Institute. As the first line educational manager, the Associate Dean represents the School’s Dean as appropriate. The Associate Dean functions as a member of academic departments, as faculty and staff personnel supervisor, and as the individual responsible for the implementation of corporate and school level educational strategies and objectives. The Associate Dean is responsible for leading a broad range of initiatives impacting the daily and longer term strategic issues important to the Institute.
The successful candidate will provide leadership and management to a range of full and part-time programs including Electrical and Computer Engineering with options in Automation and Instrumentation, Electrical Power and Industrial Control, and Telecommunications and Networks, as well as a BEng. in Electrical Engineering and a BTech in Electronics.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represents the Institute, School and Department at relevant Industry, community and sector functions.
- Acting Dean where and when appropriate.
- Establishes and maintains an effective liaison with relevant industries, professional groups and associations, government agencies, joint boards, BCIT support groups, etc.
- Manages complex budgets, both operational and capital, including determining costs, allocations, and expenditures, and monitoring the processes for multiple programs.
- Ensures academic integrity for all program courses.
- Establishes, maintains and operates an ongoing process of program evaluation, ensuring that programs and courses are of a high quality and are effectively and efficiently delivered in accordance with established standards.
- Manages the department in accordance with the appropriate collective agreement.
- In consultation with the program areas, sets appropriate performance expectations, and evaluates performance based on those expectations and objectives. In accordance with the relevant collective agreements, coordinates and signs off faculty and support staff performance reviews. Ensures that group and individual staff development plans are established to meet individual, program and Institute needs. Monitors implementation of these plans.
- Number of employees reporting directly to the position varies by department; typically 30-40.
- Works under general direction of the Dean and is required to operate autonomously. Work is reviewed periodically for achievement of objectives and quality and effectiveness of programs.
WHAT THIS POSITION HAS TO OFFER:
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a competitive pension plan
- Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development
- Tuition waivers for BCIT courses
- Subsidized parking and fitness facilities
- Wellness and Employee Assistance programs
- A graduate degree at the Master’s level or above is preferred.
- Eligible for registration as a P.Eng is required.
- Eight to ten years of directly related experience in post-secondary, business, industry and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Strong leadership skills, good organizational skills and a high degree of self-motivation and business acumen.
- Demonstrated effective and positive management style for people and issues.
- Ability to establish and sustain relationships through excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of customers.
- Must be familiar with current information and educational technology.
View the full job description here: Associate Dean
START DATE: June 15, 2018
COMPETITION NUMBER: 18M65
OPEN DATE: March 14, 2018
CLOSE DATE: April 4, 2018
BCIT offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and promotes an inclusive workplace. BCIT is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If selected for an interview, candidates will be required to present original copies of credentials.
To apply, visit us online at careers.bcit.ca
We are only able to accept applications submitted online through our website.
432 total views, 2 today