Management Associate Dean, Health, Wellness and Sciences
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Reporting to the Dean, the incumbent is responsible for the effective delivery of a cluster of diverse programs within the Health, Wellness & Sciences portfolio which may be on multiple campuses by ensuring applicable standards are achieved through the management and quality assurance of the teaching and learning processes. This includes the provision of appropriate learning resources, development and implementation of new programs and the ongoing review of existing programs in response to changing labour markets, technology and employment opportunities. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing academic leadership and direction to the faculty and staff in order to ensure a strong team environment and culture that fosters creativity, innovation, excellence, continuous improvement and interdisciplinary collaboration
- Conducting curriculum review processes and facilitating the on-going review of existing programs
- Initiating, facilitating and actively participating in the development and implementation of new academic programs to reflect market changes and the employment needs of industry, and that will enhance student experience and increase enrolment
- Ensuring program outcomes are achieved through effective leadership and supervision of the teaching and learning processes
- Establishing positive relationships with internal (faculty, staff and students) and external (industry / sector representatives, professional associations) stakeholders
- Working collaboratively in the development and implementation of the academic area’s operational plan in alignment with the academic direction and Georgian’s strategic plan
- Recruiting, hiring and evaluating all faculty and support staff
- Ensuring that faculty and staff assignments are consistent with college policies, procedures and collective agreements
- Initiating problem solving processes for disputes involving staff, faculty and students
- Oversight of financial resources to ensure fiscal responsibility and accuracy in developing, monitoring, reporting and ensuring financial reporting obligations and annual revenue targets are met
- Responsible for managing the health and safety program in the academic area (e.g., training, SOPs, documentation), including accreditations and quality assurance processes.
- Attending Advisory Committee meetings, facilitating and / or chairing committees that involve college-wide and / or campus initiatives
- Representing the Dean, as necessary, at designated events
- Assisting as necessary with the implementation of special projects across the portfolio
- Master’s degree preferred with an undergraduate degree in a field related to Health, Wellness and Sciences with progressive academic and teaching experience in post-secondary education
- Member in good standing with a regulated health profession
- Experience in teaching, training and curriculum development
- Knowledge and background in the Health, Wellness & Sciences industry including experience working with regulatory and accreditation bodies for post-secondary health education programs
- A minimum of 5 years of leadership experience in an academic and / or health industry setting
- Experience with academic processes and procedures (including curriculum development, teaching and learning styles and techniques, complaint procedures, program reviews, collective agreements, etc.)
- Project management experience with demonstrated analytical and organizational skills to be able to manage multiple projects in an effective and timely manner
- Communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills in order to build and cultivate relationships with a variety of stakeholders and manage difficult situations with diplomacy and tact
- Ability to identify, address and resolve problems or conflicts in an efficient and diplomatic manner
- Experience developing, managing and monitoring budgets
- Demonstrated community connections and networking experience
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially in a unionized environment
- Ability to lead effectively in organizational change management
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Us and then to Career Opportunities.
Applications for this position must be received by 5:00 p.m. on February 7, 2018. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
554 total views, 1 today