Faculty Associate Dean, School of Business, English and Liberal Studies
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Lambton College recently celebrated 50 years as a leader in post-secondary education.
For the past five decades, they have worked in partnership with the Sarnia-Lambton community to create a region of innovators, strengthening the local economy, and working to meet industry demand for skilled employees.
Lambton College has grown to become the #1 Applied Research College in Ontario and third in Canada.
The Associate Dean of the School of Business, English and Liberal Studies provides academic leadership to the diverse programs and course offerings within the School of Business, English and Liberal Studies and ensures the objectives of the programs are attained through effective supervision of teaching and learning processes. The Associate Dean facilitates the on-going review of existing programs, academic quality and integrity, student success, faculty performance and the development of new programs to reflect market changes and the employment needs of industry. The Associate Dean conducts investigations of complaints from students and staff, and initiates the problem solving process and establishes positive relationships with industry and business representatives and participates in College’s student recruitment and job placement initiatives.
Leadership and Direction for Academic Program and Services
- Manages the SWF process for full time faculty.
- Provides academic and administrative leadership to faculty and support staff involved in the development and delivery of a related cluster of courses and programs offered by the School of Business under the general direction of the Senior Dean including the oversight of professional designations and related compliance.
- Contributes to the academic well-being of the college through competent planning and administration of the School’s programs and services including comprehensive program and rationalization and revitalization reviews.
- Ensures that the current and future educational needs of students are met by providing an ongoing review of courses; determines needs for modification of existing courses/programs and the introduction of new programs.
- Promotes community ventures and educational pathways by forming linkages/networks and develops/establishes partnership arrangements through advisory committees, agreements and projects.
- Develops operational procedures/policies for the school’s courses/programs to meet the needs of students, client groups, community partners, government ministries/agencies
Human, Financial Planning and Management
- Maintains a high level of staff performance through effective recruiting, selecting, developing, motivating, evaluating and training of faculty and support staff within the department.
- Promotes and monitors the ongoing professional development for faculty and staff.
- Directs and administers the activities of the faculty in their teaching assignments and creates an effective working environment for the staff and the teaching/learning process; ensures that faculty and staff assignments are consistent with college policies and procedures.
- Conducts fire level investigations and initiates the problem-solving process for disputes involving faculty, staff and students within the department. Uses collective agreements, student rights documents etc. to assist in the dispute resolution process.
- Facilitates the development of an effective communications plan between faculty and support staff to encourage participation and support of activities in the organizational unit/school.
- Prepares the initial budget for the school’s courses/programs for submissions to the Senior Dean as part of the college’s overall budget; provides the Senior Dean with input on the financial planning of courses and programs of the organizational unit/school.
- Recommends disciplinary and termination action as required.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Responsive with a sense of urgency to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Innovative problem solver who objectively assesses the issue and balances and understands the complexities between consistency and flexibility
- Superior communication, leadership, human relation skills.
- Understand the importance of managing costs and seeking efficiencies in academic delivery and services without compromising academic quality
- Effective conflict resolution skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and foster a collegial, collaborative environment with all relevant parties/sectors
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and facilitation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Computer literacy
Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in a directly related field
- Minimum of 5 years of work related experience
To apply, please send a resume to Lisa Armstrong at Lisa.Armstrong@summitsearchgroup.com
The deadline to receive applications is June 29th, 2018.
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
334 total views, 1 today