Faculty Associate Dean, School of Health Sciences, Community Services, and Creative Design
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Lambton College recently celebrated 50 years as a leader in post-secondary education.
For the past five decades, they have worked in partnership with the Sarnia-Lambton community to create a region of innovators, strengthening the local economy, and working to meet industry demand for skilled employees.
Lambton College has grown to become the #1 Applied Research College in Ontario and third in Canada.
The Associate Dean of the School of Health Sciences, Community Services, and Creative Design works in conjunction with the Dean towards a strategic vision for the school and is accountable for planning, development, delivery and ongoing review of School post-secondary programs, ensuring the support of the College’s Vision/Mission, strategic, and academic plan. The Associate Dean provides academic leadership to programs within the School of Health Sciences, Community Services, and Creative Design and ensures the objectives of programs are attained through effective supervision of teaching and learning processes. The Associate Dean facilitates on-going reviews of existing programs, academic quality and integrity, student success, faculty and staff performance and the development of new programs to reflect market changes and regional employment needs. The Associate Dean conducts investigations of complaints from students and staff, and initiates the problem solving process and establishes positive relationships with industry representatives and partner agencies.
Leadership and Direction for Academic Program and Services
- Provides academic and administrative leadership to faculty and support staff involved in the development and delivery of courses and programs offered by the School of Health Sciences, Community Services, and Creative Design under the general direction of the Dean.
- Contributes to the academic well-being of the college through competent planning and administration of the School’s programs and services including evaluation of programs through comprehensive program rationalization an revitalization reviews.
- Ensures that current and future educational needs of students are met by providing ongoing review of courses; determines needs for modification of existing courses/programs including the introduction of new programs.
- Promotes community partnerships, educational pathways, and experiential learning by forming linkages/networks; develops/establishes partnership arrangements through advisory committees, agreements and projects.
- Develops operational procedures/policies for the school’s courses/programs to meet the needs of students, client groups, community partners, government ministries, regulatory and accrediting bodies/agencies.
- Ensures program standards conform to Ministry Vocational Learning Outcomes and internal and external accreditation/program review requirements
Human, Financial Planning and Management
- Maintains a high level of staff performance through effective recruiting, selecting, developing, motivating, training, and evaluating of faculty and support staff within the department.
- Promotes and monitors the ongoing professional development of faculty and staff.
- Directs and administers activities related to faculty teaching assignments and ensures that faculty and staff assignments are consistent with college policies and procedures.
- Promotes an effective, positive, safe teaching and learning environment.
- Conducts investigations and initiates the problem-solving process for disputes involving faculty, staff and students within the department. Uses collective agreements, inter-departmental supports and services, Student Code of Conduct, college policies, etc. to assist in the dispute resolution process.
- Facilitates the development of an effective communications plan between faculty and support staff to encourage participation and support of activities in the organizational unit/school.
- Prepares the initial budget for the school’s courses/programs for submissions to the Dean as part of the college’s overall budget; provides the Dean with input on the financial planning of courses and programs of the organizational unit/school.
- Promotes the effective use of human, physical, and financial resources.
- Recommends disciplinary and termination action as required
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Superior communication, leadership, human relation skills
- Effective conflict and dispute resolution skills
- Computer literacy
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and facilitation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong advocacy skills
- Creative and analytical
Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in a directly related field
- Minimum of 5 years of work related experience
- Budgetary experience
To apply, please send a resume to Lisa Armstrong at Lisa.Armstrong@summitsearchgroup.com
The deadline to receive applications is June 29th, 2018.
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
341 total views, 1 today