Executive Management Associate Dean, School of University Studies and Career Access
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
REFERENCE NUMBER: 18-086AP
Reporting to the Dean of the School of University Studies and Career Access (SUSCA), and working with the other Associate Deans, Managers, faculty and staff, the Associate Dean will be primarily responsible for the effective management of the programs assigned within the School’s responsibilities. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, planning, organizing, staffing, and managing the resource for the School. The Associate Dean will support internal relationships across programs, departments, and schools, while also maintaining external relations with industry, professional associations and other educational institutions.
The Associate Dean provides collaborative educational leadership and recognizes the professional nature of the instructional role of faculty. The Associate Dean promotes and encourages learning-centered work and the development of scholarship in learning and teaching in an inclusive environment.
As stated in the strategic plan, there is a priority to increase the success of learners, with a particular focus on aboriginal and international learners. The Associate Dean’s role within CNC is to advise the Dean on emerging trends in career, access and academic programs in order to develop collaborative processes with faculty and program areas to modify and renew programs that meet the learner’s needs.
As an educational administrator, an Associate Dean must be a dynamic educator and have management philosophies, educational qualifications, and instructional experiences that inspire confidence and motivate others. An Associate Dean must recognize that the needs of the learners are paramount and must be sensitive to the needs of the School’s faculty and staff.
The Associate Dean is part of a team that is actively engaged in contributing to, and accomplishing the vision, mission, and goals of the College while supporting the aspirations and needs of our learners and communities. The Associate Dean will promote a positive work atmosphere and a professional environment that demonstrates mutual respect with students and colleagues.
The successful candidate will:
- Have an undergraduate degree and a minimum of a Master’s degree in a discipline of study within the school’s responsibility
- Have a minimum of five years’ teaching experience in a post-secondary institution
- Have a minimum of two years of experience in a management role
- Have an understanding of the role, history and mandate of the B.C. community college system as well as an understanding of philosophies of adult education
- Communicate, solve problems, and analyze situations in a professional and collegial manner to achieve immediate and long-range outcomes.
- Utilize evidence-informed decision making and excellent judgement when balancing competing demands
- Have experience with , and an understanding of, aboriginal education in a community college context
- Have experience with, and an understanding of, international education in a community college context
- Have experience planning and implementing long-range strategies based on learner needs, institutional priorities, and labour market and government developments.
- Have experience working in a multi-campus environment
- Ability to travel and have a class 5 driver’s license
Hiring criteria shall include professional qualifications, professional experience, administrative experience, community awareness and personal attributes such as teamwork, relationship building, communication skills and leadership.
You will promote a positive work atmosphere and communicate in a professional manner that demonstrates mutual respect with students and colleagues.
You will be part of a team actively engaged in contributing to and accomplishing the vision, mission and goals of the College and in supporting the aspirations and needs of our learners and communities.
SALARY: $ 76, 839 – $102,452 per year.
- Details on benefits program can be found at: http://www.cnc.bc.ca/Assets/Intranet/Human+Resources/Benefits/Admin+Benefits.pdf
- The College Pension Plan link is: http://www.pensionsbc.ca/portal/page/portal/PEN_CORP_HOME/
START DATE: August 15, 2018
SCREENING: Screening of applications will begin on July 31, 2018. Applications received up until this date will be reviewed, applications received after this date may be considered.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: For further details on this position, or to apply, visit this opportunity at http://cnc.peopleadmin.ca/postings/2380 . You will receive a reply email to acknowledge receipt of your application.
For information on other employment opportunities with the College, please check our website at: https://cnc.peopleadmin.ca
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CNC embraces the principles of employment equity.
539 total views, 1 today