Management Associate Director, Budgets
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Permanent, Full Time
The Associate Director, Budgets is responsible for the development, implementation and review of College budgets and forecasts; the preparation of internal and external budget and forecast reports, the preparation of internal and external FTE enrolment reports.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, economics, finance or accounting.
- Professional accounting designation (CPA) and membership in good standing with the BC institute.
- Eight (8) years relevant experience in a mid to senior level financial or accounting position in areas of budgeting, financial reporting, analysis. Supervisory experience required, preferably in a medium to large public sector entity.
- Comprehensive knowledge of budget development, financial accounting, forecasting, financial management, control and reporting procedures, practices and policies.
- Knowledge of planning, performance management, internal control systems and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Demonstrated track record of management and administrative experience.
- Expert knowledge of enterprise computerized information systems used in financial and accounting applications.
- Advanced proficiency in spreadsheet (i.e., Excel) and relational database (i.e., Access/Discoverer) software in order to compile, quantify and illustrate complex financial reports, comparisons, and/or projections
Skills & Abilities
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills and the ability to work well and make decisions under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Design, implement and evaluate complex financial data, reporting methods and procedures.
- Collect and disseminate financial data to prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all College personnel and the external community.
- Supervise and train employees, including organizing and assigning work.
- Effective time management skills to handle dynamic and frequently changing priorities.
- Effective problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Develop, recommend and administer sound financial strategies for a public entity.
Salary Range: $78,750 – $105,000 – $115,500 Annualized (Pay Grade 12)
*Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am – 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Closing Date: June 18, 2018
Competition No.: A022-18
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.
324 total views, 1 today