Executive Management Associate Vice President, Implementation and Integration
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
BCIT’s VP, Academic office is currently seeking a regular, full-time Associate Vice President, Implementation and Integration to join their team. The purpose of the Associate Vice President, Implementation and Integration is to work closely with the Vice President, Academic (VPA) and provide oversight of complex projects and initiatives within the portfolio. The AVP reports to the VPA who will provide a close mentoring environment to accelerate the development and implementation of educational initiatives.
The AVP works within the BCIT community (in particular, with the Deans and academic Directors) to coordinate, horizontally integrate and accelerate interdisciplinary educational initiatives. The AVP will consult with the VPA to assess new product and services opportunities, institutional partnerships, or issues brought forward by the BCIT community; assess internal requirements and available resources; engage affected stakeholders; design solutions where possible; and communicate with faculty and staff on implementation and operationalization.
Within the Office of Vice President, Academic, the AVP serves as the main point of contact for Deans and other stakeholders with respect to projects and initiatives that have been established and approved by the VPA. The AVP coordinates and supports the integration of BCIT’s specialty campuses (i.e., other than Burnaby) into the institutional framework, fosters communication and acts as an advocate to ensure equitability and recognition. The AVP actively advocates for the development of the Downtown Campus and educational offerings in the downtown core.
The AVP will be expected to monitor the competitive post-secondary landscape to manage strategic institutional partnerships from quantitative evaluation and risk assessment to execution and integration.
WHAT THIS POSITION HAS TO OFFER:
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a competitive pension plan
- Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development
- Tuition waivers for BCIT courses
- Subsidized parking and fitness facilities
- Wellness and Employee Assistance programs
- Undergraduate degree in Business or a business-related discipline; MBA is considered an asset.
- A minimum of seven years senior experience in corporate and product development along with senior experience in the educational community; ideally in an educational leadership role.
- Broad strategic thinker who is able to pick up and engage on a broad range of business topics with a solid grip on strategic and financial fundamentals
- Strong drive to “crack the problem” with a deep intellectual curiosity and integrity, combined with a practical sense of how to cut to the core issues and conduct a high quality analysis
- Strong ability to influence and work within the Institute.
- Comfort with ambiguity, consistent and resilient.
- Innate curiosity, a dedication to life-long learning and an interest in pursuing new skills as deemed helpful for the position.
The ideal candidate is bright, positive, flexible, who also:
- Acts with the highest integrity and professionalism in all his/her endeavours with the ability to build collaborative relationships across the organization.
- Thinks creatively and focus on opportunities for growth.
- Exhibits constant attention to detail.
- Expresses a strong desire to work in a team with exceptional communication and listening skills.
- Demonstrates the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
View the full job description here: Associate Vice President, Implementation and Integration
START DATE: March 1, 2018
COMPETITION NUMBER: 17M402
OPENING DATE: December 16, 2017
CLOSING DATE: January 19, 2018
BCIT offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and promotes an inclusive workplace. BCIT is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If selected for an interview, candidates will be required to present original copies of credentials.
To apply for this position, please click here
687 total views, 1 today