Management Chair, Centre for Research and Innovation
Note: This is a full-time Administrative position (37.5 hours per week).
Duties: The Chair, Centre for Research and Innovation (CRI) is responsible for supporting and advancing the implementation and coordination of innovation and research activities within Fanshawe College. The primary role will be to support the inclusion of sponsored research and innovation activities into the curriculum through partnership development and coordination of activities with all academic Faculties. The incumbent contributes to the social and economic prosperity of the College and Ontario through expert advice and consulting, community service and outreach, public policy engagement, socio-economic development and cross-sectoral partnerships.
The Chair, Centre for Research and Innovation is responsible for implementing research and innovation projects that support the College’s overall strategic directions and priorities and in particular, sponsored activities. The incumbent is responsible for building research capacity, knowledge management and translation strategies, in conjunction with the development and implementation of policies and practices, to facilitate research and innovation activities. The incumbent will act as a resource to assist potential and active researchers at the College through all stages of the research process.
The Chair, Centre for Research and Innovation will work with the Dean, CRI for the overall administration, growth and maintenance of pan-College research and innovation activities. This includes existing activities as well as the development of new projects and activities, and support for staff, faculty and students related to sponsored research and innovation activities. The College is committed to the safety and well-being of all staff, students and visitors. In order to achieve this objective, managers are required to be active in health and safety and incident prevention by establishing and adhering to procedures and safe work practices as required by the corporate health and safety management system, and in accordance with relevant Health and Safety legislation and regulations.
- Requires at minimum a Masters degree in Business, Post-Secondary Education, or a research related discipline
- PhD preferred
- Research and innovation experience in an applied postsecondary setting is essential
- Minimum 7 years progressive senior level experience in a related function or capacity within a post-secondary academic environment
- Requires sound experience in research proposal development, design, policy development, and evaluative design technologies
- Experience working in a partnership development activity particularly as it relates to academic, public and private sector partnerships
- Experience negotiating, developing, and managing multi-institutional partnership agreements
- Experience in developing and implementing research integrated curricula and creation of research and innovation programs
- Project management skills
- Presentation skills with the ability to develop effective presentations to a wide variety of audiences
- Data analysis, fiscal and business management skills to analyze results and report on them effectively
- Ability to conduct program needs analysis
- Creativity and innovation to develop positive strategies to meet needs of a diverse group of stakeholders
- Relationship and partnership building skills with the ability to negotiate and secure support from a variety of stakeholders – local, regional, national and international
- Knowledge of research and innovation funding and grant processes and requirements
- Expertise in research and innovation design and methodologies
- An understanding and appreciation for information technology and its potential applications to research and innovation
- Exceptional record of developing industry-academic partnerships in research and innovation projects along with knowledge of funding agencies and applied research processes within a College environment
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
Do not apply through the Job Board on this site. In order to be considered for this position you must apply through the Fanshawe website online application. See information below.
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.
446 total views, 4 today