Management Chair, Engineering & Information Technology
|Job Title:||Chair, Engineering & Information Technology- Repost|
|Dept / Campus:||School of Engineering & Information Technology|
|Salary Range:||Payband 14 Range $109,166.00- $145,553.00|
|37.5 hours/ week|
|Posting Date:||March 28, 2018|
|Closing Date:||April 30, 2018|
|Vacancy Type:||New Full-time Position|
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry and workforce needs, and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
As a preferred employer, Conestoga is committed to supporting the development and well-being of our employees through competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and ongoing professional and personal learning opportunities that result in enhanced skills, shared successes and an engaged college community.
The School of Engineering & Information Technology is currently seeking a qualified individual to provide academic and administrative leadership, supervision and direction to faculty, support staff and students in specific programs within the School of Engineering and Information Technology. The Chair is accountable for the planning, development, delivery and ongoing review of full and part time programs, ensuring programs are relevant to the needs of students and the community at large according to Conestoga’s strategic plan.
- Provide academic and administrative leadership in the development, delivery and currency of degree, diploma and graduate certificate programs in the following program cluster: electrical engineering technology, electronics and computer engineering technology, electrical/electronics engineering degree, embedded systems development and wireless network infrastructure.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of new academic programs and the ongoing review of existing programs to ensure continuous quality improvement, and reflect changing technology, economic and market influences, and employment opportunities
- Hire full and part time faculty and staff, establish the workload for faculty in accordance with the provision of the collective agreement, complete performance reviews and employ performance management measures where applicable
- Coordinate day to day operations for academic programs and activities, including applied research, marketing, resource acquisition, ongoing review and partnership activities
- Foster and support faculty involvement in applied research and the integration of applied research into the curriculum. Actively seek out industry partners for applied research. Support Conestoga centres of applied research through the recruitment of full and part-time faculty.
- Ensure the programs operate in accordance with college policies and procedures
- Plan, develop and schedule complex activities and operations
- Effectively allocate human, fiscal and physical resources
- Represent the School/College through participation and memberships in committees, working groups, public relations, etc.
- Liaise with Executive Deans, Deans, Chairs, Managers, faculty and staff from other schools and departments such as Student Services, the Registrar’s Office, Bookstore and Facilities Management to ensure a smooth operation of programs
- Participate in strategic planning and development/updating of the annual academic plan for Schools of Engineering & Information Technology, and Trades and Apprenticeship
- Minimum 4 year Degree in Electrical/Electronics/Computer Engineering
- Eng. required
- Masters preferred
- Seven years of relevant industry/academic experience
- Must have sound knowledge of the Ontario College educational structure and experience in an applied learning environment; Post-secondary teaching experience is desired
- Knowledge of, and experience in curriculum development, student recruiting, adult education, conflict resolution, managing employees
- Financial management experience, including managing budgets
- Applied research experience is desired
Please apply through our employment website: https://employment.conestogac.on.ca/ViewCompetition.aspx?id=1392
272 total views, 9 today