Management Chair, Heavy Duty, Motive Power, Truck and Coach Programs
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
Salary Range: As per College Policy – Admin Payband 12
Location: Ashtonbee Campus
Centennial College’s growing School of Transportation is immediately hiring a Chair to lead the strategic vision and program success of our Heavy Duty, Motive Power, Truck and Coach Programs. Reporting to the Dean, the successful incumbent is accountable for the academic and operational leadership, supervision and direction for faculty, support staff and students including playing a key role in the growth and development of the program’s success through outreach initiatives.
The Chair role requires a change manager who can look at the bigger picture while not being afraid to roll up their sleeves to manage the day to day operational and academic work processes. The Chair collaborates with the internal management teams to set goals and align program activities with the strategic directions and vision of Centennial College. In addition, the Chair is accountable for the academic and financial planning, the development, and ongoing review of full time post secondary and apprenticeship programs, which include but are not limited to Heavy Duty Equipment, Motive Power, Truck & Coach and Trades Foundations programs.
- Provides leadership to faculty and staff in determining priorities, assignments and schedules
- Ensures the quality, academic integrity and consistency of delivery of the programs through effective supervision of teaching and learning processes, academic planning and administrative leadership
- Promotes the principles and practices of diversity, equity and inclusiveness in all department and program activities
- Participates in the development and implementation of initiatives established by the College and Government Ministries, including College strategic plans, academic plans, school business plans, etc.
- Creates an effective, professional working and learning environment based on mutual respect for the staff and the teaching/learning process that fosters a culture of continuous improvement
- Maintains a high performance level through effective recruiting, training, monitoring/evaluation and coaching of staff
- Assigns staff workloads according to the provisions of the collective agreements and College practices to maintain program quality, fiscal responsibility and achieve budget objectives
- Develops and manages the operating budgets for the programs and departments in collaboration with the School’s administrative team
- Works closely with employers, partners and program advisory committees to determine current and future skill needs.
- Participates in Strategic Enrolment Management to improve the recruitment and retention of students
- Conducts first level investigations, initiates problem-solving and conflict resolution processes in accordance with College policies and procedures for disputes involving faculty, staff and students within the department, while respecting collective agreements and human rights
- Identifies new program opportunities, oversee program and curriculum review, coordinates development processes and external program approval and/or accreditation processes
- Promotes, supports and monitors the ongoing professional development and scholarship of faculty and staff
- A degree relevant to Education or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years of industry related experience; demonstrated experience in a post-secondary education or corporate training environment a definite asset
- Relevant experience with coaching and advising in a leadership/management role
- Demonstrated experience with budget development, tracking’ and balancing operational budget priorities
- Knowledge and experience of apprenticeship and vocational training programs a definite asset
- Demonstrated competencies with effective teaching and curriculum development methodologies
- A Certificate of Qualification in a transportation trade and formal teaching qualifications would be assets
- Knowledge of and experience working effectively with external agencies and industry associations e.g., government, sector councils, industry associations, etc.
- Advanced problem-solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated success in creating a vision and managing change within complex systems
- Demonstrated ability to use collaborative approaches to resolve complex issues in a unionized setting
- Demonstrated understanding of equity issues and experience working in a diverse environment aligned with the College’s mission, vision and values
Apply online: www.centennialcollege.ca/careers
“Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post-secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer.”
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by November 5, 2017 at 4:30 PM. Please quote Competition #17-A-19. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
513 total views, 1 today