Management Chair, Norton Wolf School of Aviation Technology
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Chair, Norton Wolf School of Aviation Technology (FTY 201800072)
Faculty of Technology
Employment Group: Admin
Type of Position: Full-time
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Note: This is a full-time Administrative position (37.5 hours per week).
Duties: Reporting to the Dean, the Chair provides broad academic and administrative leadership to the Aviation programs within the Faculty of Technology. Ensures the objectives of the programs are attained through effective supervision of teaching and learning processes. Facilitates the ongoing review of existing programs and the development of new programs to reflect market changes and the employment needs of industry in alignment with the College’s strategic plan. Conducts investigations of complaints from students and staff, and initiates the problem solving process. Establishes positive relationships, alliances and partnerships with industry and business representatives, as well as initiating and supporting new business ventures, to position the College as a leading provider of Aviation Technology programs. Ensures all programs and contract offerings are compliant with Transport Canada rules and regulations. Also, ensures Transport Canada approvals are secured, met and maintained. Participates in College’s student recruitment and job placement initiatives.
- Master’s degree in a related discipline such as M.Ed., M.B.A. or M.P.A. or Master’s of Aerospace or Aeronautics
- Minimum 9 years related progressive work experience including extensive knowledge of the Aviation industry
- Several years of progressive administrative and management experience
- Teaching experience at the post-secondary level
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and foster a collegial, collaborative environment and a demonstrated ability to work with the Aviation industry
- Effective leadership and team building skills
- Learner-centered approach to the teaching and learning process
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to establish alliances with the related occupational community
- Extensive knowledge in curriculum design and development, program planning and budget management
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
Do not apply through the Job Board on this site. In order to be considered for this position you must apply through the Fanshawe website online application. See information below.
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.
261 total views, 1 today